KHS Montana Pro (dented/fixable?)

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
Just picked this up from 10mins from my home. I’ve been looking for another Montana since I sold my comp a while back. She’s definitely a 90’s survivor with all the purple ano parts.. components are wildly varied from XTR cranks to Exage front hub(!).
I’m hoping I can massage the top tube dent out and put this back somewhere near stock as I love the way they look and ride.
Any comments or help appreciated, this would have been M730 sorta spec right. Oh and any links to YouTube or hints on dent removal much appreciated.
5A97F026-9C76-4E8A-8DDA-FE1D93DED788.jpeg 25F870D7-A15C-4501-88BA-0D17BED8EE2A.jpeg

I was watching this too , purely for the DCD and cranks ! But it was too far away in the end.

That’s quite a dent and for me not something I’d ride. Drill a hole and pull it out , and then fill hole with filler and paint it. Assuming it’s a wall hanger.

I was watching this too , purely for the DCD and cranks ! But it was too far away in the end.
Lol, both of which will probably be offered for sale soon to help fund the repairs/rebuild.. ;)
That’s quite a dent and for me not something I’d ride. Drill a hole and pull it out , and then fill hole with filler and paint it. Assuming it’s a wall hanger.
I’m really hoping I can save it tbh, being a steel frame, there’s no cracks/rust but we’ll see.

Lol, both of which will probably be offered for sale soon to help fund the repairs/rebuild.. ;)

I’m really hoping I can save it tbh, being a steel frame, there’s no cracks/rust but we’ll see.

Let me know mate as could be interested as I’m awaiting a frame that purple DCD will be perfect for

Back