Kona Misser replica 1997

Wind up the klaxon, freshly arrived from down under

Mq5tfT.jpg

To say I'm stoked and relieved is an understatement. The last really difficult piece of the puzzle is complete. Now I can actually start planning the full strip-down and rebuild. Dare I say it, I might have this finished in 2024.

The weight difference to XC Turbines is notable but man, they are sooooo cool :cool: A good polish will sort them out.

Well this Friday just got a lot better. Heading this way from Germany, just about acceptable for the period. Fingers crossed for a safe journey.

s-l1600.jpg

I'll ask Silverfish to give it a thorough service 👍

Quote incoming from Silverfish to have the shock serviced, and movement on the pedals likely this week. In the meantime, HQ have come up trumps with some truly amazing, unseen to me, pictures from back in the day.

Shall we play name the team/riders?

Then let's begin.

The first person to name everyone in shot correctly wins as yet to be decided spare from this build (for real!)

KBF6gsRA.jpeg

Great picture, never seen it before.

Above you mentioned "some pictures", are the others as good a this?

Ok, I can finally say, all the major components are sourced and in my hands. Just BB, chain and another pair of hydraulic to cable route thingy adapters to pick up this week. I also have a spare, Hope C2 lever and caliper for reference/practice as I attempt to re-route and service the brakes, plus I've borrowed a pal's polisher so I can get the rear triangle a bit more ship-shape.

I started fettling and testing things out on Saturday afternoon. I did little wee when I saw this 😍 🍆

Y3ax11.jpg

NOS Kujo with release agent everywhere and NOS Chain Cat, plus Chain Dog, the right sized and recently serviced Vanilla RC, gen 1 RaceFace turbine DH cranks, and a NOS chain-ring from the original owner.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Last edited:
Ok, I can finally say, all the major components are sourced and in my hands. Just BB, chain and another pair of hydraulic to cable route thingy adapters to pick up this week. I also have a spare, Hope C2 lever and caliper for reference/practice as I attempt to re-route and service the brakes, plus I've borrowed a pal's polisher so I can get the rear triangle a bit more ship-shape.

I started fettling and testing things out on Saturday afternoon. I did little wee when I saw this 😍 🍆

Y3ax11.jpg

NOS Kujo with release agent everywhere and NOS Chain Cat, plus Chain Dog, the right sized and recently serviced Vanilla RX, gen 1 RaceFace turbine DH cranks, and a NOS chain-ring from the original owner.

I love it when a plan comes together!
This is an awesome build! 🙌 I'd recommend going through the surface of the Kujo with a heat gun so that the white 'powder' would disappear inside the rubber compound again. Or if you're hardcore you can always use the classic oven bake 😄

The shock pictured is an RC not an RX?

The RX had a pressure valve on the end of the reservoir, the RC (Rebound / Compression) was a slightly later shock….

IMG_4339.jpeg

The shock pictured is an RC not an RX?

The RX had a pressure valve on the end of the reservoir, the RC (Rebound / Compression) was a slightly later shock….

View attachment 849230
Yep, slip of the keyboard and post corrected 👍 The RC was a donor part from a '98 Raven, so just about spot on. IF a suitable RX comes onto the market that doesn't cost a new mortgage then I'll be there in the queue 🥴

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back