Kona's page

Not posted for ages so here is my mongrel selection of Konas none standard all with “ patina “ but they suit me just fine 😊
2005 Caldera
1997 Muni Mula
1998 Kilauea
1995 Cinder cone

Attachments

• IMG_9215.jpeg
    IMG_9215.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9216.jpeg
    IMG_9216.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9217.jpeg
    IMG_9217.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_9218.jpeg
    IMG_9218.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
Not posted for ages so here is my mongrel selection of Konas none standard all with “ patina “ but they suit me just fine 😊
2005 Caldera
1997 Muni Mula
1998 Kilauea
1995 Cinder cone

Really like that Caldera :cool:

Really like that Caldera :cool:
Thank you , there great " 6 footers " look great from 6 foot away 😁
Thats the one that seems to be different to the others in its fit and cockpit layout , ive owned enough of these era Konas over the years to pretty much know what i need to fit to get it how i want but Caldera wasnt the same .
Cheers Paul

The Kilauea for me, would love to try that onespeed setup
Thank you , it was orignally going to be 1x 10 but the mech hanger isnt very straight and i got fed up trying to get the 10 speed to index properly so nicked the single speed from the Muni Mula and put the 1x 10 on that ,I love the feel and simplicity of the single speed , if you used the same combination on a geared bike it should be the same but it just isnt ! but i do only ride it on a short commute and its still the wrong gear 85% of the time 😁
Cheers Paul

Here's my old Lava Dome. Got this as a gift instead of a wedding ring from my wife (a Casio is as far as I go with jewellery) five years ago and have slowly upgraded it a touch to handle pootling around in the Lakes, riding around Manchester and lugging my daughters to nursery.

RaceFace bar and stem. XT V Brakes. No gears. Cheap Maxxis tyres from a bike-jumble in town. Old Triple-Traps from an Azonic DS1 I had when I was 14.

IMG_1368.jpg

Very nice collection there!

Your Cinder Cone is in excellent condition. I have the same model, but with a lot more battle scars.

Back