Leeds country way

Leighcal

Retro Guru
Just wandering if anyone has ridden this or plans to in future? It looks like a trail that goes from woodkirk all the way to Howden clough. I know the part nearest to Howden clough as they are my local woods but not the part from needless to woodkirk. I was planning on going today but it's chucking it down here and showing no signs of slowing!
If anyone has ridden it then is it worth riding? If no one can give me any info I will get out asap and see if it is and maybe organise something for the not too distant future.

All the best
Leigh

Re:

Hi leigh,

The section i'm familiar with is around woddlesford/methley then it works towards tingley and your neck of the woods. Considering it runs parallel with the trans penine trail (which i use sometimes) then, i've never got familiar with the country way, the many gates and stiles has put me off. regarded as a 'foot path' too, can be a off-putter as cyclists are often spat on by the nerds that think they own the damn track as they set up veritable family get-togethers whilst picking berries etc...

The trail i know is too fractured to bother cycling on, on foot would actually be better as the trail run over 'furrows' on the riverside and very squishey. the TPT is much better surfaced.

but, that's my arsey 2p about those sections. It wouldn't hurt me to do some research on the rest of it.
When you've seen your sections, let us know how it goes. some of us just may join you the next time you ride it.

cheers.

marc.

The until after I had posted this thread I didn't even know it went all the way around Leeds! But now I've looked further in to it I do! It seems to be made up of different pathways, bridleways, footpaths, old unused roads etc. The walkers can't really say anything about the bridleway parts of it can they? And on footpaths you are allowed to ride but must have a bell fitted? Not sure if that's correct?? Probably not! Lol.
I'm gonna go have a look the next time I have a few hours to myself and weather is ok ish. I will post as to how I get on, hopefully it will be in the next few days.

Re:

Did you get around to checking this out? Am looking for places to ride in West Yorkshire next week.

Re:

If you bring some lights down I usually go out for a few hours n pub stop on Thursday nights between Leeds n Bradford

Back