Let's see some Fat Chances.....

dyna-ti":4w38kh3o said:
Question time :?

Someone want to explain the appeal of the 'Fat Chance'
Sure its a nice looking bike but is there more to it than that?

You only get the answer by riding one. I've had a lot of bikes old and new over the years and nothing has come close to a FAT for handling, comfort and performance. They are simply sublime.

Si

Offering to lend me yours :D

At the prices they seem to go at it will be forever out of my range :cry:

dyna-ti":1oi8b12r said:
Question time :?

Someone want to explain the appeal of the 'Fat Chance'
Sure its a nice looking bike but is there more to it than that?

Offcourse there is the mith: Fat Chance
but if you look at the welding and tubing technic and the handling of the Fat Ti you just understand that these Fat's are something else,..very nice,..unfortunately a bit expensive

My Yo just handles brilliantly,once you try one an Orange Clockwork or similar will just never do!
I look forward to lapping some of those other Fats at MM ;)

Here's my two:

'93 SAB:

main.php

'96 Yo!:

main.php

Nice thread :)
It deserves my first post! My first 'real' mountain bike was a Yo Eddy I bought in 1991 after doing odd jobs and saving for a year+ as a jr. high school student. I raced it for a few years, then it came back as a motard road commuter in Tokyo for another three, then back to mtn, and now is running as a single speed masher. Eighteen years later and I still love it.

cont'd so I can post some pics!

I was thinking of doing a full resto, but then I came across this bike, a 1993 Yo Eddy in a beautiful yellow. the parts were worth more than the whole, so I took the plunge....and now I have two Fats in my stable :)

fat1.jpg

fat2.jpg

fat3.jpg

As pictured, it is 21.5 pounds. I've since swapped the Ti Odyssey Svelte pedals for some SPDs for riding. Drivetrain is a mix of XC Pro and XTR, neat bits include debadged Syncros stem and ti post, old no-logo King headset, White Ti hubs and BB, Joe's brakes (which I haven't been able to get to completely stop squealing, though they are quite powerful), Bonty ti bar, Grafton cranks with XC Pro rings.

I just gaze and this thing and smile :)

Back