Manitou SX ti question

Falkster

Devout Dirtbag
I’m trying to remove the lower legs so I can get them blasted and coated but can’t seem to get them off. Has anyone dismantled a set before? Reading the instructions it says fully compress so the springs don’t turn, I’ve removed the Allen bolt that’s on the outside (5mm one) but the one on the inside of the leg just seems to keep spinning (it can tighten up though).
Cheers

Re:

Been ages since I stripped mine but the process was;
Invert the bike/forks,compress and release them a handful of times while upside down.(This causes the oil in the damper to work it's way to the 'top' of the damper so it doesn't all spill out when you remove the plunger).When this is done you'll feel the lack of damping in the fork.
Then I'm pretty sure it was just (as you mentioned) remove the two allen bolts in the bottom of the legs,one larger one that houses the rebound adjuster,the other a plain allen bolt, and the lowers should just slide off.
Don't think I'm missing anything there,unless anyone else has more info?

Re:

Did you remove the silver alloy allen bolt (7mm ish) that the plastic adjuster pushes into?The upper one on the picture.Sounds like you may have been trying to undo the smaller 4/5mm one through it's centre.That's your rebound adjustment.

Attachments

• Manitou SX Ti.JPG
    Manitou SX Ti.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 506
Re: Re:

captaincowelly":1fvaeceq said:
Did you remove the silver alloy allen bolt (7mm ish) that the plastic adjuster pushes into?The upper one on the picture.Sounds like you may have been trying to undo the smaller 4/5mm one through it's centre.That's your rebound adjustment.

That’s exactly what I’ve done - popped home in my lunch and fork legs are now in my boot ready for coating.

Thanks for your help mate

Back