Mark Anthony Cycles - Active Sport Buxton.

Active sports , I would try else where ..

Re: Active sport .. DONT !!!!. Keep searching for somewhere that deserves your cash. Ordered a bike 2 week ago coz of the price promise. Well still no bike, the guy on the phone is NO help what so ever !. Then proceeds to get narky because I got the bike cheaper than he wanted to sell it
( why price it online and provide online ordering when he doesnt check his profit margins ? ).

well a phone call today 14.09.11 . I hung up coz I was tired of the guys attitude and customer service. If or when my bike arrives this is the one and only order I will place with then. Shame because the website looks promising.

Thought I warn you all thou. =)

Happy peddling =)

+1 - steer well clear. This ratbag's whole business model is based around enticing you in with what look like good mail order prices and wide range of stock. Truth is they have hardly any stock, most of what is on their website they order in when they have your money. Rip-off merchants. Have been stung twice (for my stupidity) with crap service over the years. They seem to have accumulated shedloads of positive feedback for some reason although on closer inspection most of that seems to stem from sales of two-quid bits such as inner tubes. They have also been found out soliciting positive reviews from customers to put on review sites by offering free gifts such as puncture repair kits. The owner is rude and abusive on the phone, and blatantly lies when things (inevitably) go wrong with orders.

That's shocking, how is he still trading on eBay? After reading that feedback and some of his incredibly rude and borderline racist replies I feel the urge to go to his shop and brick the windows, god knows how the poor peeps who paid money and got nothing but a bad mouthing on eBay feel after reading it.

Edit. I'm tempted to buy several cheap items from him just to spam that link in his feedback.

Oh I wish I had found all that feedback before giving the guy a grand

:cry:

Still no bike just to update , Give them till Friday before I start trying to recover my money, which as I can guess is going to be a bugger . :evil:

Has no one actually turned up at the guy's address?

To be honest, it seems from the number of deals he has made this is an operation that is struggling to keep up with demand, rather than set on ripping people off.

Saying that, he is totally clueless about customer care, which really would help him avoid a large percentage of the negatives.

He doesn't seem to realise that no matter how much good feedback you have people usually skip straight to the bad, like most things in life.

I am surprised he hasn't changed his whole set up and started afresh.

Perhaps that says something about him not being 100% intentional in letting people down.

mischief":13teeoqm said:
Oh I wish I had found all that feedback before giving the guy a grand

:cry:

Still no bike just to update , Give them till Friday before I start trying to recover my money, which as I can guess is going to be a bugger . :evil:

Dont wait! (although its now thursday evening.)

Back