MBK with Mountain LX

PhillB

GT Fan

Mountain LX bits including thumbies!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mountain LX bits including thumbies!
Love that! My first proper MTB after trying to ride my 10 speed racer off-road for over a year!

100% original except for missing reflectors (shop may not have fitted) and those bars are NOT cut down, this was the dawn of narrow-bar-hell thanks to those pre internet influencers known as London couriers!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Love that! My first proper MTB after trying to ride my 10 speed racer off-road for over a year!

100% original except for missing reflectors (shop may not have fitted) and those bars are NOT cut down, this was the dawn of narrow-bar-hell thanks to those pre internet influencers known as London couriers!
*Edit... assuming the original saddle is under that cover. The original was like a sofa as it was?!* 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

That'll clean up lovely. It's a heafty 32lb beauty Phill! 😍 Already out of date when it was launched! 🤣 Sadly the original tyres are perished: Hutchinson's On the Rocks that weighed an absolute ton!

I have a fully original one and then another frameset ready to try and replicate how I modded it before it got stolen so I can recreate/finish my unfinished project from 1990! The modded one will require me to do a full respray in similar style to the original, but with a twist. Don't quite know what the twist will be yet...

That'll clean up lovely. It's a heafty 32lb beauty Phill! 😍 Already out of date when it was launched! 🤣 Sadly the original tyres are perished: Hutchinson's On the Rocks that weighed an absolute ton!
:) Like a missile downhill then :LOL:
I have a fully original one and then another frameset ready to try and replicate how I modded it before it got stolen so I can recreate/finish my unfinished project from 1990! The modded one will require me to do a full respray in similar style to the original, but with a twist. Don't quite know what the twist will be yet...
Look forward to a thread when you get around to it!!:);)

:) Like a missile downhill then :LOL:
It was FAST downhill and in my younger years I was known to unhook my brakes and ride down super steep drops brakeless to prevent myself going over the bars. I was a proper idiot!!! 🤣

Look forward to a thread when you get around to it!!:);)
Will have to be after the work on the house so hopefully sometime next year when I might have some space to build bikes properly and do some spraying. I've got all the bits ready and waiting and have a Pinterest page for paint inspiration...

Back