Mountain mayhem 2019 aftermath thread

Mike Muz":2eal9yxj said:
Hotwheels.":2eal9yxj said:
My thoughts for the aftermath: I never thought I could have had a better time than '17...I was wrong (sorry nobby/regan). The whole retro clan were again outstanding company, the course was bang on and it was all topped off by the weather. The campfire craic was a particular highlight, as was Andy (as always) and meeting new people. Peachy, you're a star and LGF, what can I say, you're personality and vibe are infectious, and the music...OH THE SWEET MUSIC!!! Man, it was sublime. On a personal note I feel utterly embarrassed by completing only one lap and am already in training for next year where I want to do much more riding, I've even toyed with going solo. Either way, I simply cannot wait for next year and want to do more events/meets this year.

Great to see you again mate. It did seem betterer, but not sure why. I liked the course more than Gatcombe, even if it was a real PITA to get to from the motorway.
Can't wait til next years event, hopefully at the same venue

Muz

Yeah it did seem betterer. I chatted a lot more to people this year and met many new faces. By the way, myteenageself, your Lotus may need a good jet wash as I drooled on it a little too often while you weren't looking. Sorry.

You probably did him a favour and helped wash of the seminal fluids others left on it :shock: :? and if Yakboy turns up with his as well in 2020 we’re really screwed (no pun intended)

I wasn’t planning on starting a sign up tread until late October early Nov but with all this peace - Love and harmony I’m reconsidering that.

Hotwheels.":2px067h1 said:
Yeah it did seem betterer. I chatted a lot more to people this year and met many new faces. By the way, myteenageself, your Lotus may need a good jet wash as I drooled on it a little too often while you weren't looking. Sorry.

Hehe. I can't believe how well received my lump of plastic was, I honestly thought that most people would hate it. I had one guy, whilst racing, compliment me on it, and then came over later to chat!

My first mayhem was amazing. Obviously all of you, but everyone there seemed to be having a great time.

Hotwheels (Sam? Sorry, I'm shat with names) One of your bikes left a VERY lasting impression... I'll say nothing more for now.

My_Teenage_Self":3mr8mmfq said:
Hotwheels.":3mr8mmfq said:

Hehe. I can't believe how well received my lump of plastic was, I honestly thought that most people would hate it. I had one guy, whilst racing, compliment me on it, and then came over later to chat!

My first mayhem was amazing. Obviously all of you, but everyone there seemed to be having a great time.

Hotwheels (Sam? Sorry, I'm shat with names) One of your bikes left a VERY lasting impression... I'll say nothing more for now.

Martin (I think)

Someone was telling me while racing that my Giant had too many gears on it! He went quiet when I pointed out that it had 8 at the back. Maybe cos I rode away from him! :LOL: :LOL:

:oops: :oops:

Mike, you were one of the people I was less happy to meet; you made the hills took too damn easy.

:mrgreen:

Loved that Ritchey.

Retro Spud":1yf2cr5x said:
I wasn’t planning on starting a sign up tread until late October early Nov but with all this peace - Love and harmony I’m reconsidering that.

Come on, you know you want to.....

A year can be a very long time but I am working on a better sound system and the possibility of playing live.

oh and bicycles, better think about that too.

The MBK was £20 (with a set of £10 wheels) and the Proflex Offroad Master cost a whacking £5 at a car boot sale.

The Master had a more worn middle ring leaving me having to do my one lap in the big ring

As usual.

My_Teenage_Self":1z7hcz7j said:
:oops: :oops:

Mike, you were one of the people I was less happy to meet; you made the hills took too damn easy.

:mrgreen:

Loved that Ritchey.

:LOL: :LOL:

Back