BoTM My_Teenage_Self's 1994 Lotus Monocoque is the November Bike of The Month for 2022

Bike of The Month
November was an 'Amnesty Special', where people got another chance to enter a bike that had tried, and failed, previously. If you take look at the line-up you'll probably be surprised that many of them hadn't already won; a testament to the standard of bikes on the site. We got a bumper crop of 27 entries but, as usual, there can be only one. @My_Teenage_Self took the crown with his 1994 Lotus, kitted out with a Pace fork and an XTR groupset.
Almost 30 years ago this was a real head turner, and nothing much has changed!

Lotus.JPG

TimG_PAGE4.jpg

Best bike to lose to.

November was an 'Amnesty Special', where people got another chance to enter a bike that had tried, and failed, previously. If you take look at the line-up you'll probably be surprised that many of them hadn't already won; a testament to the standard of bikes on the site. We got a bumper crop of 27 entries but, as usual, there can be only one. @My_Teenage_Self took the crown with his 1994 Lotus, kitted out with a Pace fork and an XTR groupset.
Almost 30 years ago this was a real head turner, and nothing much has changed!

View attachment 685638

View attachment 685646
Well deserved!

Dear @My_Teenage_Self I would love to buy that Lotus MTB off you. Or anyone else of course that has one and is willing to sell!!! I was stupid enough to sell mine many years ago )-:

I think Steve has had a Lotus shaped coffin made, to be buried next to him when the time comes!

Wow - I never knew this page existed!
Nice. Is this bike UK based? I have one and was only aware of 2 others in the UK

It is, with yours, I'm now aware of 5, although I'm sure there are more.

Dear @My_Teenage_Self I would love to buy that Lotus MTB off you. Or anyone else of course that has one and is willing to sell!!! I was stupid enough to sell mine many years ago )-:

350.png

👎👎👎

As Raidan said, It's being buried with me in an undisclosed location! No joke, you're the third person to ask me to sell this year :)

Back