Nirvana was reached at Shimano 7400 8spd & Campagnolo Super Record 9spd

Deleted this, as the OP seems to have missed my points, or doesn't understand them. And I have no idea what he's trying to say in his later posts.

Last edited:
With you on this - although Campag 9 speed was simply Record.
Campag's pre-2001 9 speed was as close to perfection as makes no difference - long cable pulls meant it stayed indexing with no adjustment needed..ever. Shifters were serviceable, cranks were beautifully polished and had the right number of arms (5) with the 5th concealed or visible.

Nothing appeared to be designed by the Power Rangers or Darth Vader (I'm looking at you Shimano).

With you on this - although Campag 9 speed was simply Record.
Nothing appeared to be designed by the Power Rangers or Darth Vader (I'm looking at you Shimano).
Shyt's gone sideways imo. stocked backup in ultegra 11spd and a tiny bit in 105 11spd. loads of chainrings chains der.'s pulleys chains and cassettes wheels br pads etc. f•ck disc brakes and batteries. 200$ dollar dura ace mechanical 11spd rear der. ~ now 850$ 11spd electric. it's like being beaten with a rubber hose

• my daily driver is a Claris 8spd trek domane with 105 calipers. alum. - my daughters ride, maybe

i ride my other bikes on and off. don't need anymore. got 1 project bike left. it's carbon and has the name of the famous guy who got shot with the shotgun 🤡 it's 20 years old and a beautiful mess

Last edited:
Back