Nuke proof hubs on Mavic sunsets

gibbon_rider

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I’ve had these stashed away in the loft for a while. My all time dream wheels about 25 years ago, but I have to face up to the fact that I’ll probably never ride them. Shame to keep them hidden away if someone else will get use of them. But before we get to that, I’d like to know what i should put them on for…

I believe them to be nuke proof carbon/ti bombshell front hub and nuke proof rear carbon free hub. 8 speed.

Mavic 217 Sunset rims. Look like plenty of life to me.

Could all do with a clean, but at this point I’m just asking a question!

Attachments

• IMG_2695.jpeg
    IMG_2695.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2694.jpeg
    IMG_2694.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 28
Agreed, if after a clean up the rims still have a strong colour and the hubs are in good condition, no cracks in the ally and the carbon resin hasn't dried and started to dellaminate, both things nuke proof hubs suffer with unfortunately 😕
Its a tough market at the moment as well.

I’d also agree with he above. 200-250 if all in decent condition and you actually want a sale. They might fetch £300 if exceptionally mint and you find the right person.

Good condition bits are still selling for decent money but if poor condition they won’t sell for much at all. There is a massive gap in the market currently where the high end / nice bits sell easily for top money , but everything else is very cheap.

Thank you all. I’ll clean them up over the weekend and see what we have…. I think they’re in good nick as they’ve not been used for well over a decade. Fingers crossed!

Back