Oh Canada Oh Dekerf

Great read and obviously the lovely bike .
Things have slowed mainly because social media has sucked the rest of the internet dry - formerly busy forums are now either closed or dead. Facebook Twitter instagram TikTok have taken almost everything - they use people as products and now anyone wanting engagement or wanting to share anything won’t go looking for forums - for the most part.

Haha! yeah... them thar new fangled things all gone done ruined our internets. I ofcourse know all that and agree with you. I do find it a shame. It's the same on many other forums I've been long term member of (15+!!!) years. Part of it is the new things, part of it is the kidzo's coming in and wanting instant expert status and attention (some of them can be impressive)... But compared to the loony bin of the faceinstatok where it's all a bit bitty, and where being a newbie is almost reviled, there's so much knowledge here and (most of the time) the discourse is always respectful (even if at times overly enthusiastic). We have to cherish our independent forums. Props to the bartender and his staff for keeping this place going!

Back