Wanted QR 29 wheels, square taper MTB chainset

Steptoe&Son

Retro Newbie
Looking for some parts to finish my build. Preferably something a bit cool and retro but not so nice I don't want to ride it. Think raceface, XT, Mavic, etc

Wheels must be:
29"
9 x 100 front, 10 x 135 rear
6 bolt
min 25mm inner width rim
32 spoke preferably, but 36 considered

Chainset:
Square taper
4 arm
104mm BCD
equally spaced holes
Integrated spider (rather than direct mount)

I've got a brand new set of fsa 29er wheels. Non-series but same as afterburners or something like that. They come with lots of axle options and iirc tubeless kit set up.

What sort of cranks do you have in mind colour and model wise? I've got a few ht2 style cranks but may have more traditional square tapers too.

I've got a brand new set of fsa 29er wheels. Non-series but same as afterburners or something like that. They come with lots of axle options and iirc tubeless kit set up.

What sort of cranks do you have in mind colour and model wise? I've got a few ht2 style cranks but may have more traditional square tapers too.
What the inner width of the rims? Do you have the adaptors to run QRs? How much are you looking for?

No colour preference on cranks. Bike is green with blue graphics, so I think red is the main colour that would clash. Definitely want Square taper cranks, what have you got?

These are the wheels:

They are new and abused and come with all the adapters to run qr or bolt through.

I'll need to look at what cranks I have spare. I was potentially going to use a set of black middleburn rs7s but may go another way. I have options spider wise for 2x or 3x 104bcd. Not sure I have anything else in black, square taper and 104bcd.

If you are also after tyres, got many options there too.

Checked the specs on those wheels and they're pretty narrow.

I'm specifically looking for cranks with the spider built in, so Middleburn wouldn't be ideal, certainly not enough to justify the cost.

Think I'm good for tyres. Will probably have to buy new anyway as going down the route of wide but fast, like WTB ranger or something from Surly.

Back