raising funds for a trip?

stew-b

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
im half planning at the moment to do mt kilimanjaro(walking!) in 2013 as a 40th birthday treat to myself.
now obviously when people do this thing they get people to sponsor them to raise money for charity,i will be doing so for alheimers as my dad is suffering badly with this and his dad died from it so i guess its coming to me one day!
question is-how do you go about raising money to fund the actual trip or is that not the norm? its looking like £10k for 2 of us to get there and do it.
any pointers would be most helpful!!

The aim is to raise money to give to charity. If you need to raise money to fund the actual trip you should ensure that is accounted for and there is still a good amount going to charity.

What if the trip costs 5k and you only raise 4k?

You need to make sure you are raising plenty over and above the costs.

I would say a good rule would be at least 50%.

So long as you're honest, it should be ok. But I can't see many people willing to pay for your trip.

Hey you are up late Chris. Manning the bilge pump?

Indeed most charities that sanction fund raising require at least 50% over the costs to be raised.

Makes sense.

How is life on the open ripple?

:)

highlandsflyer":2nz5kl82 said:
Hey you are up late Chris. Manning the bilge pump?

Indeed most charities that sanction fund raising require at least 50% over the costs to be raised.

Makes sense.

How is life on the open ripple?

:)

Went to bed after that post!

I'm at my dad's, but hopefully the boat is OK; dry dock next week, then I'm travelling again for the summer. There will be a thread and pictures, I love dry docks!

Back