Raleigh M Trax 500 titanium 1993

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I thought I'd just share a first photo of my new M Trax 500, from the 1993 range. Thanks to Mark (dvatcmark) for help with collection and postage on to me.

20151224_121239.jpg

There are number of minor things I need to do before riding it, including giving the wheels a service, and replacing the STI combo levers with working ones.

However, the bike is in mostly mint condition - original tires, brake pads, little wear on the drivetrain, etc.

I believe this is my old bile, was bought from singleton bikes in Swansea in 94, the purple I paid extra for, as it was a custom option at the time. I used it for a few years, just riding the sea front to Gower and back. few miles per day. she just sat in the corner of the living room then for about 9 years behind the sofa. then sold it for a song. biggest mistake ever!

I believe this is my old bile, was bought from singleton bikes in Swansea in 94, the purple I paid extra for, as it was a custom option at the time. I used it for a few years, just riding the sea front to Gower and back. few miles per day. she just sat in the corner of the living room then for about 9 years behind the sofa. then sold it for a song. biggest mistake ever!
I just went and checked the receipt and other documents that the previous owner included when i bought the bike, but this one doesn't seem to be the same one, unfortunately. This was bought from Chesterfield Bicycle Centre in 93.

The colour is amazing, probably one of the best ever used by RSP and you made a good choice!

The sad thing is I've had this tucked away since 2015 and I've never got round to riding it, even up and down the street.

Attachments

• 20240501_172853.jpg
    20240501_172853.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240501_172913.jpg
    20240501_172913.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240501_172943.jpg
    20240501_172943.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hiya :) ah yes, the purple are extra rare, same guy built it though, I'd recognise that cheeky little smile any where :) lol. I will say, it was the best riding bike I ever had, I think mine was large frame, because saddle didn't even come up high enough, to expose the dynatech engraving on the stem. I road it like my old thunder road. my next one though, the ogre xce I went smaller and was like wow! what a difference.

gorgeous bike mate :)

Latest posts

Back