Full deore group alloy frame
Anyone know about them :?:

Nick

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

looks '88ish to me, I had a 1990 by which time the rear brakes were cantis.

Also later (89? 90?) models had a roller stem (cooooool).

And my 1990 started life with STIs not thumbies.

Watch for seatpost seizing in frame (mine did).

Nice bike, although someone will contradict me I'm sure. Roadies always criticised the 'harsh ride' of Technium racers although I never noticed it, nor did I have anything to compare to.

There's some info in the archive I think but 3 main tubes are aluminium (6005? 7005?) bonded into investment cast lugs; rear stays are cr-mo.

I'm sure yours is fine but have a really thorough check to see if frame has de-bonded anywhere (first place to look is around head tube/downtube/top tube bonds).

Where did you find it and dare I ask how much it set you back?

Uk model called 'The Chill', and would have been 88/89, I used to lust after one of these in the Toplis Raleigh shop when I was at school.

I got my hands on one ages ago but was too small so passed along to someone else..

Couldn't tell you if they were any good but they retailed around £450 if memory serves..

I had one of these from new when i was a nipper,
£550 back then (really wanted a Kona Cindercone but we only had a Raleigh Dealer in our little town).
Lovely bike to ride/race.

Have been quietly looking for a UK one for ages.
Needs a 150mm 0deg tioga stem to finish it off.
Has it got the sweet straight forks that made it look so cool?

Nice ride

I had exactly the same bike (same year), but the USA version, the cops used it as a work bike over there, the main tubes are Alcoa 6061 - T6 if I can remember. I always wanted a wishbone in them days.

More than a hint of Tomac's ti/carbon bike there........

Technium was one of the first bikes to mix steel and alloy, like the Nishiki and Fisher CR7

Nice!!

Hilts":1c7ou4h4 said:
Uk model called 'The Chill', and would have been 88/89, I used to lust after one of these in the Toplis Raleigh shop when I was at school.

I got my hands on one ages ago but was too small so passed along to someone else..

Couldn't tell you if they were any good but they retailed around £450 if memory serves..

My first MTB was a Technium Chill. IIRC I paid about £350 for it in a sale in 1990. It was the light blue with silver main tubes, splatter paint job etc. It had a full origional Deore DX groupset with STIs. I had it less than a year before it was nicked. :(

I'd love another. :)

Latest posts

Back