Raleigh Torus with Trimnell Forks

Tomianson

BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
This should be a nice little project. i managed to snag this last night on ebay, I love these things.
I'll go mainly catalogue spec with a few tweaks here and there and will make it a proper rider.

This appears to be the LX version, i'll upgrade to XT i think.

s-l1600.jpg

That’s super clean! Where’s the seat clamp? Assume you have this? I suspect that saddle won’t last long on that bike 😜
nothing you see in this picture will stay, excepting the frame/forks and bars. There's a seat clamp in the bits coming with it. The saddle is ghastly lol.

nothing you see in this picture will stay, excepting the frame/forks and bars. There's a seat clamp in the bits coming with it. The saddle is ghastly lol.
I wasn't expecting much to remain based on your other immaculate & super-slick builds! 😜 You must have a HUGE pile of components you have removed and not wanted stashed-away somewhere...

C
I wasn't expecting much to remain based on your other immaculate & super-slick builds! 😜 You must have a HUGE pile of components you have removed and not wanted stashed-away somewhere...
heers, very kind words. Actually my stash of spare bits is very low at the moment, most stuff is on frames as complete bikes. But ive found the bits for this somewhere so hopefully they'll arrive soon.

Here’s the nude fuselage. Very cool and pretty light too, at sone stage this appears to have been upgraded with all ti bolts which is neat. I’ll keep them.
Sadly there is a tiny crack at the base of one fork leg but it’ll head off to Dan Chambers for a better than new repair. E4618931-D393-43A5-B481-012DE7F5AAC7.jpeg 51EA0306-A25F-4455-A7B4-4A3DF34EF491.jpeg

Yeah, the forks crack a lot. You should check the twin bar clamps as a lot of them crack there too.

Looking forward to updates.

Back