Really basic saddle alignment question (really basic!) & some cable routing guidance/knowledge share - Peugeot Control 500

Tricky1977

Marin Fan
Feedback
View
I’m sure I’m being stupid but how do I (or even can I?) get this saddle more level?
Yes I know it’s ugly it’s for my step daughter and comfort is the key (although I may have gone overboard).
I’ve tried to use the “cam” adjuster to get it more level, but I think I’m at the maximum?
Have I bought the wrong bits or do I just need to try a little harder?

08FEA046-A3EA-4E20-8EA5-1D4D7DD820C5.jpeg
3DF6606B-7DD9-42C5-95C8-3A0FE00DB13C.jpeg

Losen the clamp bolt quite a bit, the lower cradle should move, should be enough adjustment to get the saddle pointing downward.
Might need to give the lower cradle a little tap.

Looking at the picture all your cables need re routing. The right hand cable stops on the top tube are for the rear mech. The left stop is for the front mech, the end of the cable should terminate in the stop on the seat tube. Middle stop for the rear brake if youre running cantis, you may have to play around with r/brake and f/mech cable position as youre running v brakes. Slacken the seat post clamp bolt right off and you should be able to position the saddle where you want it, assuming as brushed aluminium says there is enough adjustment. Your back brake cable is not in the V brake. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Looking at the picture all your cables need re routing. The right hand cable stops on the top tube are for the rear mech. The left stop is for the front mech, the end of the cable should terminate in the stop on the seat tube. Middle stop for the rear brake if youre running cantis, you may have to play around with r/brake and f/mech cable position as youre running v brakes. Slacken the seat post clamp bolt right off and you should be able to position the saddle where you want it, assuming as brushed aluminium says there is enough adjustment. Your back brake cable is not in the V brake. Hope this helps.
Yeah helpful thank you.
In my defence the cables are all WIP I gave up when I saw the seat tube cable stop, as by then I knew I needed to redo at least one. Did not know about the order of the cable stops 👍

To be fair with that seatpost in particular doesnt look like youve got much play for adjusting the angle
This is my fear, it’s almost as if the basic shopping saddle is expecting a very straight up seat tube angle. I have a load of spare saddles so I can try others. What I don’t have is loads of garage time, hence wanting to know if I was flogging a dead horse :)

Better?
17F73868-996E-4D9E-A00F-A61840554F1B.jpeg

Now currently half way through rerouting the cables- I’ve gone for the left/right sides as per Guinness’s input, looks better already but I need more cable outer and rear mech thumb screw (edit barrel adjuster) thingy as mines missing…(are they standard?)

Last edited:
Back