Roberts Cycles Open Day (Charles Roberts Memorial Day).

roadking

Senior Retro Guru
Roberts Cycles Open Day will take place at Geoff Roberts workshop in Boreham Street, East Sussex BN27 4SF on Sunday 18th August. There will be refreshments, BBQ, live music, celebrity guests (including Glen Mitchell, ex Percy Bilton & Ever Ready professional), brazing demonstrations, various Roberts bicycles (including Pip Jenkin's RTTA 24hr bicycle) and a commemorative item for attendees. A ride will take place in the afternoon.

This event is also the Charles Benjamin Roberts Memorial Day (Geoff's Dad), founder of Roberts cycles who passed away suddenly in 1979.

All welcome (contact me please if attending): early Roberts (especially Charles Roberts era - e.g pre 1979) and other South of London makes also welcome - especially Allin, Geoffrey Butler, Shrubb, Higgins, Gillott...

Rk.

N.B free camping available, B & B and pub food all available nearby in this pretty part of East Sussex east of Hailsham.

Re: Roberts Cycles Open Day (Charlie Roberts Memorial Day).

roadking":228r21do said:
Roberts Cycles Open Day will take place at Geoff Roberts workshop in East Sussex on Sunday 18th August. Will include refreshments, BBQ, live music, celebrity guests, brazing demonstrations, various Roberts bicycles and a commemorative item for attendees. A ride will take place in the afternoon.

This event also remembers Charlie Roberts, founder of Roberts cycles who passed away 40 years ago in 1979

All welcome (but contact me please): early Roberts (especially Charlie Roberts era - e.g pre 1979) and other South of London makes also welcome - especially Allin, Geoffrey Butler, Shrubb, Higgins, Gillott...

Rk.

N.B free camping available, B & B and pub food all available nearby in this pretty part of East Sussex east of Hailsham.

Over 1200 views an not a glimmer of interest from RB members, shame as this promises to be great event.

Rk.

Re:

I'd like to have come, in fact I'm more than up for attending as many Retrobike events and rides as I can. The problem with this one is I don't own a Roberts or any of the other makes you've mentioned.

Events in this area aren't very well attended at the best of times and having one that is brand specific is only going to limit the amount of riders you'll get even more.

Re: Re:

tim75":xyutmaup said:
I'd like to have come, in fact I'm more than up for attending as many Retrobike events and rides as I can. The problem with this one is I don't own a Roberts or any of the other makes you've mentioned.

Events in this area aren't very well attended at the best of times and having one that is brand specific is only going to limit the amount of riders you'll get even more.

Hi Tim,

perhaps you don't remember that we've ridden together. However, I appreciate the interest but we already have high number of attendees to this event, it isn't just a ride of course.

I simply wanted to give RetroBikers the opportunity to attend this event. Again thanks for the interest.

Rk.

Re: Re:

roadking":1vu8w367 said:
tim75":1vu8w367 said:

Hi Tim,

perhaps you don't remember that we've ridden together. However, I appreciate the interest but we already have high number of attendees to this event, it isn't just a ride of course.

I simply wanted to give RetroBikers the opportunity to attend this event. Again thanks for the interest.

Rk.

Yes of course I remember and I'd be up for doing it again. It was one of the best attended rides I've been on through Retrobike! I wasn't trying to put the Roberts Day down, merely stating that it's not just your event that suffers from a lack of interest.

Anyway if you already have a high number of attendees then count yourself lucky, anything I've organised I get four on a good day!

Re:

Hi Tim,

I didn't think for one minute you were putting the Roberts day down, and I'd be happy to promote another ride like the one we met on. I understand it can get a little soul destroying organising something that raises so little interest.

The Roberts Cycles Open Day is promoted elsewhere plus we've (Geoff Roberts and I) done some networking hence my comment about attendees.

I just wanted to give RBers the opportunity to attend...I wasn't sure how much interest there would be here.

Best, Jon.

Re: Roberts Cycles Open Day (Charlie Roberts Memorial Day).

Sunday afternoon bump: promises to be a great event.

Rk.

roadking":3f7wl5ru said:
Roberts Cycles Open Day will take place at Geoff Roberts workshop in Boreham Street, East Sussex BN27 4SF on Sunday 18th August. There will be refreshments, BBQ, live music, celebrity guests (including Glen Mitchell, ex Percy Bilton & Ever Ready professional), brazing demonstrations, various Roberts bicycles (including Pip Jenkin's RTTA 24hr bicycle) and a commemorative item for attendees. A ride will take place in the afternoon.

This event is also the Charles Benjamin Roberts Memorial Day (Geoff's Dad), founder of Roberts cycles who passed away suddenly in 1979.

All welcome (contact me please if attending): early Roberts (especially Charles Roberts era - e.g pre 1979) and other South of London makes also welcome - especially Allin, Geoffrey Butler, Shrubb, Higgins, Gillott...

Rk.

Bumpy bump.

Rk.

Back