Show us your e-bike

Don't have a pic of mine at the mo, need to take something in the right setting. So here's a stock...

View attachment 763725

Couple of changes on mine. Hope tech 4 V4 brakes, Hope pro4 wheels(pro5 mullet option somewhere down the line)
Will be nice to see it out and about in the wild mate. What sort of riding do you use it for? I imagine you do like proper mountain biking, unlike myself who climbs a remotely gravelly hill and is ready to apply for Redbull extreme ;)

My "E Bike", I ride it when I need to haul things as I have no car.
For other cycling duties I have other bikes.

View attachment 764740
That's very nice. I always think to myself that e-bikes lend themselves amazingly well to loaded transport, makes great sense. The fact that you don't own a car and this is the alternative for the more 'demanding' commutes is absolutely brilliant. Gold star. I don't own a car either, but I do get family to take me in their car for the 'big shop' etc, and I've been hoping to add a bike trailer to my kit soon enough to stop being a lazy git.

What sort of riding do you use it for
Well...er....um... I don't really use it for it's intended purpose.
I needed to go Ebike due to health(copd), so it was a case of wants versus needs.

I wanted a full on, all mountain E-susser with a good level of components
I needed an Ebike, capable of fitting a rack to pick up the shopping on and generally get about.

So I compromised with a full on, all mountain E-susser with a good level of componentry, that I fitted a rack to, to pick up the shopping and generally get about on :D

Last edited:
Riese & Müller Packster - 2020 (aka: tiny person hauler, grocery getter)
- Sun 11-51 12-spd cassette
- XTR m9120 brakes
- XTR m9120 1x12 w/ Shadowline SGS Der.
- Magura floating discs: 220 front, 203 rear
- Sram X01 chain
- Race Face Next cranks
- Race Face Next R carbon bars
- Race Face Turbine R 50 mm stem
- Race Face Love Handles
- Crane Japan bell
- Hella 113 dB signal horns w/motorcycle battery
- Tuffy's liners
- Rear rack expansion
- Ortlieb waterproof bags
- Cup holders
- Lamb skin seat cover
:LOL:

Riese Müller Packster.jpeg

- XTR m9120 brakes
- Sram X01 chain
- Race Face Next cranks
- Race Face Love Handles
- Crane Japan bell
- Tuffy's liners
- Rear rack expansion
- Cup holders
- Lamb skin seat cover

View attachment 764824
That is the dogs 😍

That is the dogs 😍
She is an absolute pig though! A pig dog! Chain eater too. That’s why I went with Sram X01 chains as they last forever for the money. Was getting maybe 12 weeks a chain on the cheap Shimano stuff.

I need to build new wheels (Hope or Race Face…maybe DT Swiss) as these cheap Alex rims that came stock are failing at the nipples. Also if you or anyone knows of a high end 20” suspension fork, please let me know!!!

- XTR m9120 brakes
- Sram X01 chain
- Race Face Next cranks
- Race Face Love Handles
- Crane Japan bell
- Tuffy's liners
- Rear rack expansion
- Cup holders
- Lamb skin seat cover

View attachment 764824
I tried the packster 40, but found my giant feet impacted on the frame. Great bike design, very handy for pretty much any sized cargo.
What size battery does it have ?

I use Sram or KMC, never use Shimano chains.
This is not mine. However, I have found the wear to be pretty accurate with quite a few Shimano 9, 10 and 12 speed chains and recently, the Sram X01. E-bikes eat drive trains especially for those who are not 'soft' pedaling during a shift.

Chain Wear Longevity Test.png

I tried the packster 40, but found my giant feet impacted on the frame. Great bike design, very handy for pretty much any sized cargo.
What size battery does it have ?
I am between a size 43 and 44 depending on the shoe. You must have massive boats for feet! Anyhow... I saw in another thread you were looking at e-bikes and looked at the R&M something or other and commented on the components. I feel the same way. The bike is decent but for the price, the components from the factory were utter dog shit. Especially the brakes. For a 50kg bike, the brakes were terrible. I mean, in the end I paid for the bike, so I am the only one to blame. The frame is good. The cargo system and rain covers for the box are good. Components could have been better for the price point.

Battery size is the Bosch 500 Wh. Enough to get me around; about 85 Km on Eco, about 45 Km on Turbo. Prices are dropping for the 500 Wh as bikes are coming out with 600 Wh x2, so I have that conversion simmering on the back burner- running two 500 Wh batteries as they are half the price used what they were a few years ago, plus rebuild kits are popping up here and there so servicing a defective pack with basic tools is now easier than ever!

Back