Show us your marins!

Its an ordinary Kalloy seat post. Possibly still with the Marin branding on it. Cant see ... The XTR seat posts were anodized black (poorly) and looked completely different.
I doubt it. If it is it’s very convincing. Yes the m900 posts were black but it was pretty common to remove it. However that is an m910 seatpost, already in silver. M910 did come out in 1994 so it would make sense.

From the picture it looks identical

A5961ADA-EAAE-4E67-A746-B5397F558214.jpeg

@ThePrivateer take out the seatpost and check the markings on the bottom, if your lucky it should say m910 27.0

...sorry, I confused the pictures and thought you guys were talking about (your) 1992 Issue.

I doubt it. If it is it’s very convincing. Yes the m900 posts were black but it was pretty common to remove it. However that is an m910 seatpost, already in silver. M910 did come out in 1994 so it would make sense.

View attachment 771698

@ThePrivateer take out the seatpost and check the markings on the bottom, if your lucky it should say m910 27.0
I’ll do that and post a picture if it does :)

IMG_0227.jpeg
that is what it says on the stem - after removing a lot of grease. So were there any silver coloured m900 seat posts around? I assumed the bike was a 93?

View attachment 771970
that is what it says on the stem - after removing a lot of grease. So were there any silver coloured m900 seat posts around? I assumed the bike was a 93?

It was a black M900 post that has had its colour removed, you can still see traces in the stampings.

The M900 was apparently steel while the M910 was aluminium.

And this one is mine, this bear valley SE started my passion. Fear not, the wheels are gone, but hé, little did I know.
Since then, I've been busy collecting, refurbishing and occasionally riding this mid-level stuff.
that looks exactly (apart from the 👍 wheels) like the first Marin I restored. There are a lot of these old Bear Valleys around here. I rebuilt at least three of them. Nice

Back