Show us your motorbike thread

So today my Monster was collected and I waved bye to motorbikes for a while

On a related note …. I’d like an opinion on a small issue I’ve now got.

For security I had Almax series 4 and 3 chains which are well known as being the ‘best’ paired with the defiant ground anchors which again is advertised as being the best on the market.

Well since the bikes have now gone I needed to remove the anchors. Spoke to Almax who advised that it would be easier to cut the concrete actual anchor or attempt to lever it up.

Well literally 4 taps (light taps) with a big hammer and the anchor snapped. I’m not talking about the prongs pulling out the floor. I’m saying the actual anchor snapped. I feel even though the bikes have now gone that it’s inferior and people have their bikes attached to them thinking it’s secure and it’s wrong.

Would you post the videos to places for people to see?

Hell yeah - people are living with seemingly false hope/expectation that they are relatively safe from all but the hardened criminals - when in fact a local scum bag with a lump hammer could end up having it away

On the flip side - you be seen as educating the scum bags and highlighting a weak spot for the pond life to exploit

There wasn’t any method or hidden tricks. Just a few light taps with a big hammer and both anchors snapped off.

You can even see how they are welded badly too. The bits which go in the floor aren’t even connected to the main body apart from a light weld worse than on a cheap fence panel.

Attachments

• IMG_1966.jpeg
    IMG_1966.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1965.jpeg
    IMG_1965.jpeg
    441.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1961.jpeg
    IMG_1961.jpeg
    670.7 KB · Views: 16
Yeh it makes no difference to me now but how on earth are they thatcham gold ?

Scares me to think of people like myself who thought they added some security when less than 10 seconds and no noise they were up.

Back