show us your Rocky Mountains!

Mine has evolve from a much colorfull one to a more ... less striking. My era of white and blue. It is a 970 and 985 built. I like the 970 RD and I own one, but all my bicycles are 10 speeds, so all has the 985 XTR except the Yeti with the 12 speeds. But I like more 10x2 or 10x3 transmissions.

Looking at this 2010 built ... I still like it, If the rocket ron white were for sale I would buy them. Old bad habits are not lost😅

1695111401857.jpeg

Last edited:
Call me weird that a bike that isn’t yet complete. is going to be stripped and painted. Is half a year away from completion. Gets my heart rate up and blood pressure pumping! 😂😅😜 I had to mock it up to my size and fitment to see how it would look. I can tell it’s going to ride awesome. I’m pleased and my tailor would approve 🥰 IMG_2958.jpeg
Mocked up with Syncros Powerlight fork and XTR950 laced to Mavic 317. Stem, saddle and post borrowed from my Wedge while it’s away at DeKerf’s.

IMG_2871.jpeg
The bike as I got it with good parts. 1994 Blizzard.

I don´t own a retro RM Shoud I change the Marin Team Issue 1996 for a more usable Blizzard? I really like that frame but near all my bicycles will be RM 🫢

Last edited:
I don´t own a retro RM Shoud I change the Marin Team Issue 1996 for a more usable Blizzard? I really like that frame but near all my bicycles will be RM 🫢
That’s a nice bike. I noticed the Nokon cables. I’ve used them before as well. I like the look. I also noticed you had to pad them to protect the contact points. Nice touch.

Leaning towards re-powder coating and going to white on the fork View attachment 784393
That would be nice to see the white fork, nice change.

But it is not exactly white, is it cream color? It will be dificult to match.

Yes, it has i link rubber protections and Bike shield in that area, it is a moving wire area and it was very dificult to find one frame new 10 years later (bought arround 2015 and it is a 2006 model) so I have protected. But it has avery nice ride.

But it is not exactly white, is it cream color? It will be dificult to match.

Yes, it has i link rubber protections and Bike shield in that area, it is a moving wire area and it was very dificult to find one frame new 10 years later (bought arround 2015 and it is a 2006 model) so I have protected. But it has avery nice ride.
True but I'm not one to do builds exact to original catalogue look and specs. When I'm ready for the powdercoat, I'll be looking to match the white closer to the new decals over the cream white on the front of the frame. I'll still be going for a close to stock, metallic charcoal for the rest

Nice to see some ETSX-70s representing! I’ll have to post mine too. I really like these ones with the Canadian Maple Leaf themes. Mine is the subliminal flames, while cool too, the Maple Leafs are more RMs identify to me. 😍

2002 ETSX-70, I assembled with M970 XTR, Revelation fork, Magura Louise brakes, custom built Hope/Mavic tubless wheels. I studded it up for winter riding and it rides great, on our rutted icy winter roads

View attachment 779941View attachment 779942View attachment 779967View attachment 779974View attachment 779975
photo of mine taken a few years back. ;)

DSC05732.JPG

Back