State of the industry: a running thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that is very sad considering they were one of the first proper UK manufacturers, obviously not the original owners but still a great shame.

I think Orange could have streamlined their range a bit, last 5 years I've struggled to understand the overlap, but that is a real shocker. Hopefully they can survive

I can’t say I’m too shocked at Orange as they aren’t exactly at the forefront of desirability or tech advances and still charge big money for their bikes.

I’m guessing most customers at that price point want a bit of carbon , and something better than a single pivot. Are they even made in the UK any longer?

Pity as I do like their earlier stuff from 90’s - mid 2000s.

FYI, i checked my Orange stock, i have 6, possibly 2 sold already, i'm gonna do them at the discounted trade plus vat i paid for them which is very cheap. message me if you're interested, collection only though

RX9 medium satin orange
speedwork medium, norlando grey
clockwork 29er comp medium jagger green
lockwork evo comp 29er large smoke white
clockwork evo S 29er large red
crush comp 29er medium silver

I can’t say I’m too shocked at Orange as they aren’t exactly at the forefront of desirability or tech advances and still charge big money for their bikes.

I’m guessing most customers at that price point want a bit of carbon , and something better than a single pivot. Are they even made in the UK any longer?

Pity as I do like their earlier stuff from 90’s - mid 2000s.
To be fair though, they've still been pretty active and out there i.e., they've not given indications of struggling.

Shutting down the race team and shafting their own dealers with deep discounting (with the benefit of hindsight) didn't look good.

What an absolute shite start to the year for all involved and affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back