State of the industry: a running thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people that know what is happening is the owners and the administrators.

Of course a salesman is going to tell a dealer that it’s all going to be OK.

Just need to watch the news and see how it all pans out.

The website is down

Nothing left to sell. All the stock they had has been liquidated and now for sale on Start Fitness for half original price. Can’t see them coming back from this in anything resembling current form to be honest. If that was the case I hope the name isn’t resurrected as a shallow marketing exercise.

Sadly the name / brand is worth more and has a greater longevity than any of their assets

18 months and it’ll be a brand in the Halfords range

@al-onestare got an email from the rep today, a deal should have been sorted last week, he says now it should be this week maybe next week, i did see the article you linked to, mentioned it etc. as i said before i think it's one of those weird restructuring things where a new investor comes along and somehow the debt gets lost in bankrupcy, always seem a bit dodgy but hopefully it will benefit orange.

i'm not gonna be on here much though in the next week or so, issues with my mum in care etc so the shop is closed and frankly i'm only on here now to waste some time while at the care home, but i will do my best to let you guys know when or if i hear anything.

@al-onestare got an email from the rep today, a deal should have been sorted last week, he says now it should be this week maybe next week, i did see the article you linked to, mentioned it etc. as i said before i think it's one of those weird restructuring things where a new investor comes along and somehow the debt gets lost in bankrupcy, always seem a bit dodgy but hopefully it will benefit orange.

i'm not gonna be on here much though in the next week or so, issues with my mum in care etc so the shop is closed and frankly i'm only on here now to waste some time while at the care home, but i will do my best to let you guys know when or if i hear anything.
Hope your mum is ok, or as well as can be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back