State of the industry: a running thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The policy is called: Consumerism. %age profit of a large number is so much more lucrative than the same %age of a small number.

It's also, the lack of (or not listening to) long-term strategists within bike companies. They are, even the "big" guns, woefully short in this area.

I was reading an article about CAZOO the used car retailer, they are about to go under it seems, despite just securing lots of new investment to cover the huge debts incurred since their launch, it seems the CEO has form in this, he's paid himself handsomely (sold his shares at the opportune moment also). So just the shareholders left to make their losses then. No, not just the bike industry in tatters.

That’s only a £2000 bike back in 1994
A Kona Sex3 maybe, or top end RM steel frame, xtr with front sus.
Not the posh posh over priced marketed stuff.
At least I'm consistent then, I didn't have a £2k bike back in 1994 either :)

I guess the other thing that irks me with regards pricing is that moving up from say a sora spec bike to a 105 spec is significantly more £££ than the difference in the cost of parts. It's like the bike industry has adopted the Apple way of pricing - you want more storage? That will be another £200 when the additional cost to Apple of the storage is minimal

We the taxpayer can fork out the redundancy pay and throw in the loss of their employment rights for free.
My guess is they will be offered new 0 hours contracts.
Reminds me of Evans post- receivership restructure🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back