Storck Rebel Pro

Aeronaut

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong age section as I have no idea what year this frame was made. Have never heard of Storck also, so know little about the brand or this specific frame and can find very little info. It is very well made though with some nice features with really well crafted tubing. Very light too!

I was offered this while picking up a lovely set of Tune built wheels for another bike. Couldn’t refuse it at the price mostly because of the components fitted as well as being intrigued by it. It was part of a garage clearance so the seller was also none the wiser as to what it is exactly.
Plans for it i’m uncertain about right now but would really love to know more about it, and also, what is the year of manufacture?

The condition is really very nice and looks barely used at all with just minor marks. Something makes me think it could have been an early demo model but could be wrong. It has a pair of matching Rock Shox SID SL that have Warranty Void If Sold Retail OE Only stamped on the steerer which makes me believe it was supplied with these.
The Bike-tech Fat Head headset is an interesting one too, and again something i’m not familiar with. It looks like the frame has been made specifically for it due to way it seats in the headtube which appears it have been machined accordingly.

The whole thing as a new one to me!
Any knowledge would be great 👍

081D7E06-93D4-488A-8EDE-0632515FF716.jpeg 02EF2A75-12B3-40E9-9D02-00A5326718B8.jpeg

98765FFE-8CD7-468E-A006-8E1510C56F18.jpeg 1C20439D-E2E1-4CA9-AEE3-66CB58200790.jpeg 47EDF9B3-4FB7-477E-9D9A-FA70CA1419D0.jpeg IMG_6438.jpeg IMG_6430.jpeg F0C7266E-9D49-4ED0-8023-C3564BA412AC.jpeg IMG_6433.jpeg 1853E537-A90B-4D39-B7BE-10E579E8ABC8.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a lovely frame, I would say it's never been built up, no obvious sighns it's ever had a bottom bracket fitted.

My guess is it should have m952 groupset going by the front mech.
So around 1998?

Nice Bike!

I've posted a few Infos about the earlier years of Markus Storck in the mountain bike business recently.

It's also worthwhile to check the history section of the web page.
or even get in contact with them via email.

Your bike should be 1999 or 2000 model year, at least the SID is from those years.

Just sharing a test of the Rebel pro from 1998, used Google to translate this quickly from German
Storck Rebel Pro Test aus Bike 1998 trans eng.jpg

As said, your's is a saison 1999 or 2000 model, but other than that still pretty similar.

The model itself was to my knowledge also just lauched End of 1997 for season 1998 as a Sub-10Kg XC Bike.
Storck Info aus MountainBike 1997.jpg

There was an earlier prototype, working title "SID-project", in complete SID-blue, used for trade shows and for a road show at dealer.
It was stolen then a bike dealer in Munich.
Storck SID-Projekt geklaut Radsport Rösch München Info aus Bike 2 1998.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!
Thank you for that wealth of knowledge! It’s all very informative and has given a good insight into the history regarding this frame and the company history. I could find only snippets and some brief info, but what you have is gold.

I like the fact it was quoted as the German answer to Klein, and can see why with the way it has been thought through, plus the overall feel. It certainly has been made to a high quality with some very interesting tube construction around the base of the downtube/bb especially.

Unfortunately i have decided that i will be moving it on though. I think it is just a bit too much to take on right now and needs someone who will fully appreciate it and understand it’s place in the bike world. It is very tempting to keep of course! I have be sensible right now as can’t afford to get deep into it what with other bikes to complete. The frameset/matching forks will stay together and hopefully go on to make someone a tough machine in the near future :)
Glad to have stumbled across it and learn about something new. It’s really is a beauty to look at. Nice to the touch too!

Thanks for taking the time, it’s much appreciated 👌

Back