The HiFi chat, build and modification thread!

allenh":1zh2a6gj said:
howlindawg":1zh2a6gj said:
A few more British TTs (and one Japanese)
Very nice, A Townshend fan then I take it?

I've seen some awful tat with Max's name on it but he did produce some world class turntables.

Sadly, I no longer own either of the above Rocks.

howlindawg":23nqt03b said:
legrandefromage":23nqt03b said:
The 'garage'

Thanks for this!

The next time my wife complains about my 'stash' I'll just show her that pic. ;)
All my friends use me as an excuse whenever trying to justify pretty much any new hobby type purchase, it never works. All of their spouses know me all to well and just roll there eyes as soon as this is attempted.

allenh":23nqt03b said:
A few more British TTs (and one Japanese)
Very nice, A Townshend fan then I take it?

I've seen some awful tat with Max's name on it but he did produce some world class turntables.
Sadly, I no longer own either of the above Rocks.
I had heard good and bad over the years, I had a very early one many many years ago for a short period but it wasn't my sort of thing, had to try it though just to see.

For those who are interested my turntables from top top bottom are:

MRM Source with Helius Scorpio III tonearm
Manticore Mantra with Manticore Magician tonearm
Royce Elega with Jelco SA750 Tonearm
Royce Spectrum with Helius Scorpio II tonearm
Pink Triangle PT1 with FFYX tonearm
Pink Triangle PT1 with Logic Datum II tonearm
Input Designs Kitdeck with Jelco SA250 Tonearm, this turntable is the 1st Manticore product so I've got the very earliest and very latest Manticore tunrtables.
AR Legend with another Helius Scorpio II tonearm (yes I do like a Helius tonearm)
Garrard 401 with unknown tonearm
Optonica RP-3636 with Optonica tonearm

Hi all
I have an Arcam Delta 80 tuner for sale
Good cosmetic condition
£10.00
Pick up in Glastonbury, before next Wednesday

drcarlos":2nomgik0 said:
Yogi bear":2nomgik0 said:
These guys are worth talking to.

https://www.wilmslowaudio.co.uk/

They can possibly recone your original drivers (depending on driver).

Have used them before for this.

They were mentioned by the seller of the unit I bought too. Contacted them and they can't offer a re-build, I will have another try at contacting DC Boultons first I think.

So it looks like I’m getting to the end of this marathon. Finally got in touch with dc boultons who assured me they could fix the driver so I sent it off. A week later it was done and I was £70 lighter but that was late June and it’s only just arrived back! It does however work now.
It’s incredible just how shit the output from an Alexa is and how poor an mp3 is. I’ve just stripped and cleaned my Sony cdp790 and got it working again. With the a300x amp and b&ws the sound is immense, so clear and you understand why the word revealing was used. Once I get the new drawer drive belt for the CD player next week (only £5 but will cure the main issue with the drawer) it will be getting used, a lot.

drcarlos":1r3gscen said:
drcarlos":1r3gscen said:
Yogi bear":1r3gscen said:
These guys are worth talking to.

https://www.wilmslowaudio.co.uk/

They can possibly recone your original drivers (depending on driver).

Have used them before for this.

They were mentioned by the seller of the unit I bought too. Contacted them and they can't offer a re-build, I will have another try at contacting DC Boultons first I think.

So it looks like I’m getting to the end of this marathon. Finally got in touch with dc boultons who assured me they could fix the driver so I sent it off. A week later it was done and I was £70 lighter but that was late June and it’s only just arrived back! It does however work now.
It’s incredible just how shit the output from an Alexa is and how poor an mp3 is. I’ve just stripped and cleaned my Sony cdp790 and got it working again. With the a300x amp and b&ws the sound is immense, so clear and you understand why the word revealing was used. Once I get the new drawer drive belt for the CD player next week (only £5 but will cure the main issue with the drawer) it will be getting used, a lot.

Got the new drawer belt for the CD player and it's perfect again. So easy was the fix I spotted another on eBay with the same issue for peanuts so I bought it with the intention to repair it and sell it on.
My dad had the same CD player and it started acting up and mum reckons he wouldn't have thrown it out (much like the B&W speakers I've just finished) so I'll have another hunt for that in the loft in a few weeks to see if it's up there.

Back