The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would add a pic of me on one of my bikes some years back,

Bike is a Stumjumper M2 17", with SID SL, Mavic MX 601 hubs on Mavic 517 ceramics 32h 3X.
Full 8spd XTR apart from front Mech if I remember which was a conventional pull XT.
Chainset was a Coda Tarantula with 30t-42t rings (BB would have either been Royce Ti Syncros Ti Or Race Face Steel) , Egg Beater pedals, cables were Nokon.
Seat pin was a Race Face XY stem was race Face, Bars Easton Carbon, grips Ritchey Foam, headset FSA Orbit Extreme US model (Small top plate)

I think it was a Selle Italia SLR on that bike? Believe it or not, this was one of my hack bikes for general use.

Anyone recognise the route?

Picture918-1.jpg

Well having been actively posting for a little while and having bought a few shiny bits from various members I thought it was about time to introduce myself.

I live in Exmouth (Devon) and regularly ride in the surrounding area though mainly Woodbury Common and Haldon just outside Exeter.

I ride a 1995 Klein Fervor which I've had from new and raced XC BITD on Woodbury etc. It's rapidly turning into a money pit as I replace stuff that's had it but somehow I can't bring myself to hang it up and go modern :D

Got back into riding after a 10 year layoff as I finally managed to quit the ciggies and need to do something fitness wise, as soon as I got me leg over the Klein I was instantly hooked again.

My fiance recently started coming out for some rides so it's nice to have some company as all the old crowd I used to ride with BITD have since moved onto pastures new. So if anyone else rides in this area, give us a shout as I'd be up for some rides.

Cheers to all, and congrats on a great site which has brought back many fond memories.

Cheers

Paddy

greetings from PAISLEY GLASGOW area

hi all just wanted to say hi to everyone and would be great to hear from any fellow retro mtb fans from Glasgow and surrounding areas,

bit about me,well iam into my bikes and have 13 of them,,lol they comprise of high end mtbs a high end cutom road bike4 raleigh burners couple of raleigh choppers and even a grifter,iam often on the raleigh burner forum and the grifter forum,

i worked in the bike trade for years and even used to race ,iam out on the bike most days wether its nipping to the shops on the burner or a full off road blast on one of the mtbs ( recently built a 1995 orange p7) fully rigid and its great off road .

anyway great looking forum with lots of cool stuff,hope to put lots of posts up over the next few months,cheers all and thanks for reading this.

all the best

stuart :D

Hi guys,

Bumped into a few of your members today at Carron Valley. I was the guy on the Morewood with the Oregon Scientific camera on his helmet.

One of you asked my what sort of quality it gave, so here's a clip from today. It's hardly what you'd call inspiring, but if you persevere to the end, you might just catch a glimpse of yourself.

Was nice to chat to you and I might have to wheel the old '93 Scott Montego out of storage now!

Joe.

Hello All,

I've been lurking on this site for about a week now so I thought I'd better register and say hello.

I used to race cross country as a teenager in the mid 90's on a 1994 Marin Miurwoods. That bike was my life (until I discovered vagina's) and I spent everything I had on it (which wasn't very much). I still have the Miurwoods, and all of it's original parts stored back at my parents house. I won't ever part with that little part of my history and hopefully I can restore it to it's former race winning glory with the help of this site.

To be honest though, I stumbled over this site becuase I've been searching the bike that I always dreamed of owning when I was racing - a 1994/93 Klein Attitude in Gator Linear fade to sit proud in my 'Klein Shrine'. I know it's a commonly lusted after bike and will mean me shelling out a fair whack for a minter, but I've got to have one. Other bikes on my wish list are a Fat Chance 'Yo Eddy', and an early polished Pace RC100, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers!

Hi, Been lurking for a bit and posted once or twice so here goes.

I live not far from Northampton, aged just 43 (!) and have been riding since school days. Working in London restricts free time a bit.

My one and only bike is a Marin Pine Mountain that cost me £479 in 1988 - 20 years old and still going - value for money huh?
Used to be grey/neon orange but I had the BB brake taken off, regular cantli pegs brazed on and all resprayed purple with Xlite bars many years ago. Have had to swap chainset (used to be the oval biopace things) plus a few saddles, tyres, chains, sprockets etc.. But the original bits - Deore brakes, mechs, hubs on Araya RM-20 rims etc - all work just fine despite the grime and corrosion here and there.

As if I didn't already sound like an old f4rt, I have never owner a bike with any suspension at all.

Got a Freewheel 1984 Catalog somewhere, will have to take a few scans and post them up for fun :)

Hi Toby,

I am irish originally, but been living in England since 1984. 26 years old. Architect by profession, but market very sketchy at the moment.
Been biking since ~1994. First real bike was a Marin Hawkhill, then a Kona hahanna (loved that bike, but grew out of it), then a Giant ATX 840 (still have it). Had a GT XCR2000 for a bit (still have the frame, might sell it, might rebuild). Current main ride is a Cube AMS pro (I know 2008 model bikes not allowed here, but it is very nice, I promise).

next project is to build a nice tootle around town hardtail (might go single speed). It will be a 1997 Kona Fire Mountain. got some nice pieces for it.

I will post my bikes up as soon as i get some decent pics

cheers

Toby

agaskew":21q80yen said:
Hi, Been lurking for a bit and posted once or twice so here goes.

I live not far from Northampton, aged just 43 (!) and have been riding since school days. Working in London restricts free time a bit.

There's a few of us in that area...where abouts are you?

A big welcome to all the latest Scottish based members, we are growing in numbers at last.

The next scottish mini meet details are here ... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35653
It ;s being organized by Kaiser

Joe Pineapple, thanks for the footage, it's not bad at all, way better than my phone camera. Good speaking to you.

Sastusbulbas, where is that? I can't decide, looks a bit like carron or at the back of the ochils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back