The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

New to the forum - came across it because I was looking to move on a couple of older bikes (check my post in the 'how much is my XYZ worth sub-forum). Anyway, I noticed this thread too and inspired by a garage sale we did at home last weekend, I am looking to also move on some hi-fi.

I'd really appreciate some ideas on what I should be asking for the following. And of course let me know if you're interested. I am UK-based (LU6). Ideally I'd like to move on as a 'set' - and totally appreciate selling separately would likely yield more £££.

I have no photos currently - the system is being babysat by a friend.

Ages ago (I think 2004 or 2005) I bought some Linn hi-fi stuff. I'm not a multi-millionaire but at the time I felt like I needed to get into decent hi-fi and it turns out I used to work with the son of the guy that started Linn (he now runs it).

So I got in touch with him and he pointed out we barely knew each other at work but based on a good mutual friend we had in common he gave me Linn staff 'friends and family' discount - rather than proper mate's rates. But obviously I was more than happy with that. I think it was 20-25% off.

Due to life getting in the way (divorce...) I'd been without it all for 5 yrs. And last time it was used (In the marital home) it was 'piped' into Sonos via the 'connect' thingy. And then back in June 2021 I got it all back.

Linn Majik Amp
Linn Ikemi CD player
Linn Katan Speakers - bi-wired - with nice Linn floor stands.
Linn 'bi-wired' (gold) cable.

I think I've got both CD and Amp remotes. But I definitely have 1 - which can control both Amp and CD player.

The speakers are a light pine kind of colour. Amp and CD player are silver.

The speakers have a small amount of scuffs on the edges....where one of my old cats kindly knocked them off the stands. But everything works as expected (I will confirm that for certain if anyone here is interested and before I offer for sale elsewhere - and will get some pics!).

What do the hi-fi cognoscenti here think I might be able to get for the above - either as a 'full set' or as individual items?

Comments/advice appreciated.

I'm having disappointing results with my turntable. The vinyl sounds flat and I can't take the volume too high without massive bass reverb. Any suggestions?

Equipment:
Rega Planar 2 with Goldring E3 mm stylus
Pure silver interconnectors
Homemade (but very good pre amp and power supply)
Sony STR DH800 amp. No phono stage so using vhs input.
Mission mx1 speakers

I've tried a couple of pre amps including valve, but no great shakes.

Last edited:
I'm having disappointing results with my turntable. The vinyl sounds flat and I can't fake the volume too high without massive bass reverb. Any suggestions?

Equipment:
Rega Planar 2 with Goldring E3 mm stylus
Pure silver interconnectors
Homemade (but very good pre amp and power supply)
Sony STR DH800 amp. No phono stage so using vhs input.
Mission mx1 speakers

I've tried a couple of pre amps including valve, but no great shakes.
I think you need a phono stage. Pro ject or I fi have affordable ones.

Back