The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving reminiscing on old School stuff.

I have some old kit that I am thinking of selling (my parents want to reclaim their garage and my girlfriend and I don't have the space). I wondered what sort of price i should look for:

17.5 Trek STP softail carbon Maroon in colour brought from Active in Folkestone. Full bike with mainly sram parts and 2 wheelsets - the original rolfs they had some ckutch issues) and some Bontrager tubless. Raceface cranks. RS Sid folks in black

19inch Raleigh dynatech titanium lug and glued frame and rigid forks in retro purple think i still have the old zoom quill stem too. Brought from Canterbury cycle mart came with Shimano DX but i removed this onto and orange c16 as the Raleigh was too large.

GT Edge frame and Alu fork. 6061 Aluminum think I still have quill stem too

CANNONDALE SUPER V FOR SALE BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT ITS WORTH??

HI I HAVE COME ACROSS AN OLD CANNONDALE BUT I DO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT,,,
HENCE THAT IS Y I HAVE POSTED IT ON HERE,, HOPING SOMEONE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP
FILL IN THE GAPS,
NOW THE BIKE HAS GOT SOME REALLY BIG WHEEL HUBS AND MAVIC RIMS AND AS SMOOTH AS NEW
DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THESE BIKES AS I KNOW NOTHING, THE AGE, THE MODEL EXT EXT ????
I DONT KNOW WHAT ITS WORTH BUT I BE INTERESTED TO KNOW???

TINKER

Attachments

• photo 4 (3).JPG
    photo 4 (3).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,067
  • photo 2 (4).JPG
    photo 2 (4).JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,067
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,067
  • photo 2 (2).JPG
    photo 2 (2).JPG
    73 KB · Views: 1,067
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    67 KB · Views: 1,067
Re: CANNONDALE SUPER V FOR SALE BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT ITS WOR

As per the previous replies on your posts the bike is, at the moment, not worth much (prob £70ish on Ebay), if you give it a good clean it might make £100 but the forks look shot and it isn't a high end model.

If you want more people to give you a value try here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29681

If you're trying to sell it, try here: viewforum.php?f=2

HI I HAVE COME ACROSS AN OLD CANNONDALE BUT I DO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT,,,
HENCE THAT IS Y I HAVE POSTED IT ON HERE,, HOPING SOMEONE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP
FILL IN THE GAPS,
NOW THE BIKE HAS GOT SOME REALLY BIG WHEEL HUBS AND MAVIC RIMS AND AS SMOOTH AS NEW

WHAT DO YOU THINK ITS WORTH????

TINKER

Attachments

• photo 4 (3).JPG
    photo 4 (3).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 999
  • photo 2 (4).JPG
    photo 2 (4).JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 999
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 999
  • photo 2 (2).JPG
    photo 2 (2).JPG
    73 KB · Views: 999
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    67 KB · Views: 999
  • photo 1 (2).JPG
    photo 1 (2).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 999
Re: CANNONDALE SUPER V FOR SALE BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT ITS WOR

Ok I'm not sure why I'm bothering to type this.

1. DON'T SHOUT, why do you feel the need to use caps lock?

2. If your trying to sell something at least bother to clean it a bit and put some oil on the chain.The bike looks like it's come out a skip the forks, saddle, chain are shot

3. Most of it looks like it's made from low end parts.

4. Your money is in the frame £40 posted and the hubs sold together with the brakes and brake adapters should fetch a few quid being early hope adapted technology.

As per my posts on your other thread, It's a Super v700 from 1997, the black was a colour option but it came with a HeadShok which has been swapped for the Rock Shoks which look beyond help. If you're looking to buy the bike I wouldn't pay a penny over £70 as it stands, as it will need quite a bit of money spending to get it up and running. If you want to sell it, you will realise much more if you clean it up and get it working. If you get it looking really nice you might see £125-50 on Ebay.

The most money will be made by splitting, but the brakes will need to be working properly.

I agree with the previous comments. If the wheels are as good as your say they are I would sell them separately. The rest of the bike looks pretty neglected and, if anything, will hinder realising a decent price for the wheel set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back