What the heck is this Wheeler bike?

for 10 quid I would have bought that. Stripped off fenders, get rid of that horrid derailleur and cassette, ss kit on there with a cheapo tensioner, cheapo stx crankset, then bin the fork, get the cheapest rigid fork I could find and call it a day. Ride it into the sunshine.

Oh and rattle it black and splash it with a bunch of white enamel for ratty splatter..

Not a wasted time sink if you're having fun

Or is it?
close, but I'd stick a set of triple clamps on that have been run up through the yokes to match the axle to crown measurement (with the springs swapped out for something really solid) and make a set of clip ons. add the fill in to the frame and pinstripe it. I'd also go hunting for a front drum brake and run the cable through the head stock. back pedal rear brake so there are no cables. cafe racer style bike for peanuts. :)

Front drum baked wheels are a fecking hassle to come by here unfortunately. I'd run a drum brake on most of my bikes if I had easy access.

Front drum baked wheels are a fecking hassle to come by here unfortunately. I'd run a drum brake on most of my bikes if I had easy access.

a quick trip to the big smoke with a suitable size spanner would see you right. although from my time there I saw more bikes without a front brake at all than with anything else. :)

Back