Where should more modern Road (98+) build threads go?

Where to stick the modern old stuff

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems like it is wanted so I propose we start with a single section within the road forum for Post 2000 Road. Everything under the one banner. No sub sections etc. As they get older they will just become retro anyway and the problem with having a whole section for post 2000 will be where does it stop? If we keep it up to current times then it will most likely overtake the retro section in popularity and I do believe there are other forums for that.
We did think of it more for a place where retro road members can show off and talk about their modern rides not really trying to attract a whole new group of modern riders only from what was originally mooted.
Just my thoughts ;)

Jamie

We did think of it more for a place where retro road members can show off and talk about their modern rides not really trying to attract a whole new group of modern riders

Jamie
Exactly, I see myself very much as a retro biker who has a collection of bikes from the past 9 decades and my most modern are very much built in the same tradition as my retro builds and most definitely not bought “off the shelf”

When you set it up @Jamiedyer could you switch this thread across as I’ve got lots I want to add to it. Ta

I will send a message to John and see if he can get it sorted for us.
How does this sound to everyone else before I get the ball rolling as it is everyones section for every member.
I just thought it can be debated and go round and round and then nothing happens so thought if I make a decision to make a decision then we can move forward ;)

Jamie

It seems like it is wanted so I propose we start with a single section within the road forum for Post 2000 Road. Everything under the one banner. No sub sections etc. As they get older they will just become retro anyway and the problem with having a whole section for post 2000 will be where does it stop? If we keep it up to current times then it will most likely overtake the retro section in popularity and I do believe there are other forums for that.
We did think of it more for a place where retro road members can show off and talk about their modern rides not really trying to attract a whole new group of modern riders only from what was originally mooted.
Just my thoughts ;)

Jamie
All good, just do it
Thanks in advance for the admin work all those involved

I will send a message to John and see if he can get it sorted for us.
How does this sound to everyone else before I get the ball rolling as it is everyones section for every member.
I just thought it can be debated and go round and round and then nothing happens so thought if I make a decision to make a decision then we can move forward ;)

Jamie

Sounds good to me Jamie, looking forward to its arrival and seeing some modern builds 👍.

Matt

Latest posts

Back