XT m730 crankset 165mm! Rare size? LX gold edition shifters and rear derailleur… Info required 🙏🏼

mattblake2

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

Recently got a couple of bikes with some nice bits on them and will part them out soon.

One had some LX gold edition 3x9 shifters and rear derailleur and the other had an XT crankset with 165mm arms. Been looking online and can’t see many gold edition bits about so wondered how much they’re worth and also the XT cranks.. literally can’t find anything about m730 in 165mm

Any info appreciated 🙏🏼

IMG_3397.jpeg IMG_3399.jpeg IMG_3367.jpeg

I don't think the gold lx are worth more than standard to be honest. They are possibly less common but the gold isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Xt cranks in that size aren't common, maybe nudges the price up a bit.

Last edited:
Certainly not my cup of tea 🤢! Think they look bloody awful 🤣. Surely the rarity will appeal to some though? Standard LX price would see them being worth what, £30/£40 for the lot?

Hopefully the M730 makes up for it 😁. Where would you price them?

Prices for stuff at the moment is pretty low, £40 for the lx lot doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Cranks are harder to price, sets can sell for as little as £30 these days, 165mm versions may drive that up.

I'm no expert though and could be miles off or accurate. I tend to sell lower to help the community and speed things out the door.

Tapers look ok from this angle, but more pictures would be good, same with pedal threads.

My Missus is considering going down to 165s, so there is a market for them, even if most people prefer longer.

What are the pedals, not necessarily any use on my end since we've plenty of flats, but they look interesting?

Tapers look ok from this angle, but more pictures would be good, same with pedal threads.

My Missus is considering going down to 165s, so there is a market for them, even if most people prefer longer.

What are the pedals, not necessarily any use on my end since we've plenty of flats, but they look interesting?
I can definitely get some more tomorrow mate if you are interested. Tapers are good 👍🏼 they’re a lovely set of cranks to be honest, I’ve not cleaned them up yet but can imagine they’re going to come up lovely. Shoot me a PM 😊👍🏼

Pedals are Odyssey Shark Bite’s. Originally for BMX I believe and worth £30ish in this condition going off eBay (sold items) prices

Latest posts

Back