Yorkshire man rushed to hospital after mountain bike trail assault

Not condoning violence but what provoked this? Perhaps they caught him sabotaging a trail with spikes or putting wire up between trees at neck height? Not unheard of in Yorkshire 😞

Not suggesting he was sabotaging trails either, I’m sure he probably wasn’t, but it’s usually best to leave judgement until the facts are clear.

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with people????

People have always been the same. Some good, some bad. Sometimes good people doing bad things, and vice versa. The news only talks about the people doing bad things because that's what we'll read.

There is no doubt a fuller story here. People rarely randomly assault people - and certainly not if they are out for a ride in the countryside. What they've done is unlawful, but there will be a rationale, not matter how faulty for it.

Edit: The BBC coverage suggests a confrontation took place

Again, unless this group felt they were in immediate threat to life style danger (unlikely given there's three of them and they are much younger), I can't see any justification for the actions they took.

Last edited:
Not condoning violence but what provoked this? Perhaps they caught him sabotaging a trail with spikes or putting wire up between trees at neck height? Not unheard of in Yorkshire 😞

Not suggesting he was sabotaging trails either, I’m sure he probably wasn’t, but it’s usually best to leave judgement until the facts are clear.
Classic whataboutery.

People have always been the same. Some good, some bad. Sometimes good people doing bad things, and vice versa. The news only talks about the people doing bad things because that's what we'll read.

There is no doubt a fuller story here. People rarely randomly assault people - and certainly not if they are out for a ride in the countryside. What they've done is unlawful, but there will be a rationale, not matter how faulty for it.
Three on one? Veteran of thousands of altercations; and rarely does an individual end up that badly injured, justifiably, with those odds.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back