1991/1992 GT Zaskar

Guigui58

Dirt Disciple
A few weeks ago, I used all of my luck for the year by finding this 1991/1992 GT Zaskar for cheap locally

The only thing is, this cheap price came with a big asterisk... Not only is this Zaskar very tired looking, but basically every single part on it is not original. Even the fork has been changed at some point since the steerer is way too short. The previous owner sorted this issue by simply removing the headset nut and keeping the top bearing race hand tight (yeah...). This is disapointing since I suspect the Deore XT headset is litteraly the only original part on this Zaskar.

Overall, I don't mind the condition. I was on the lookout for a project that would take me longer to finish since the space for bikes is getting scarce in my house! Plus, the end result will be very satisfying. I will take my time with this one, I want to do justice to this early Zaskar by bringing it back to its former glory.

The first step will be to disasemble it and inspect the frame. Then, not only will I be able to confirm that this is a real Zaskar beyond any reasonable doubt, I will make sure that the frame isn't cracked before beginning this project.

20240420_183728.jpg
20240420_183821.jpg
20240420_183750.jpg
20240420_183738.jpg

Back