Anyone admit to owning just one bike ?

When I posed the question of one bike I had 23 complete bikes, and several part builds, and numerous boxes of spares including dozens of rear mechs 😵‍💫

I now have 4 complete bikes, a pair of spare wheels and this box of spares.
😎
And how many shoeboxes of cash under the bed?
I mean, did you also downside the investment value of the collection, or are your bikes:
a Lotus,
an original Ritchey,
a Gucci Cruiser
and the gold plated Colnago that used to belong to the pope?

Ehhh I tried doing this early on, I got a Cannondale trail 6 and tried to make it a do everything bike, and it’s just not that. So I got different bikes for different purposes. The Cannondale became the dedicated mountain bike, a 1990 Marin became the commute around town bike, instead of trying to have one bike do both things. Different tools for different jobs.

I think if you have a singular use case, with rare excursions into anything else, one bike can do. But I do a lot of both bike commutes and mountain biking, so one bike does not accommodate that.

I think my realistic aim is for 3.

But it's nice to get rid of all the other bike clutter, my mind is a lot more focussed.

And I couldn't believe how many duplicates of parts I had, hence the list taped to the top of the box 😵‍💫

A small update to my original goal 😃

When I posed the question of one bike I had 23 complete bikes, and several part builds, and numerous boxes of spares including dozens of rear mechs 😵‍💫

I now have 4 complete bikes, a pair of spare wheels and this box of spares. I have even made a list of what's inside, how organised is that. View attachment 846491Now I just have to avoid Retrobike for the rest of my life and I will be cured.

Not a complete success but a decent start 😎
PTO………………. Dangerous

Back