1993 Kona Hot

I wonder what tubing they used then 🤔 not sure if a 93 Kilauea had a 27.2mm seatube which was Tange Prestige Concept but then so did the 93 Explosif i'd need to check the old seatpost off the Kilauea i had.
Now i know this it makes me really want a 93 Kona Hot in the Kona sanctuary knowing they're different to an Explosif and it's not just the fact they were handbuilt lol

Remember Pip's wise words:

The 1991 – 1995 frames are made from various mixes of Tange Prestige Concept, Tange Ultimate / Ultrastrong, Tange Ultimate / Superlight and Tange Ultimate / Ultralight.

You could pretty much chose what you wanted. Of course there was some preference to what was being used that production cycle.

IMG_4825.jpeg
Got the XT thumbies and the ODI Attacks mounted for now. I know the angles way off but I don’t want the lever banging the top tube should the fork spin on me.

Nice looking bike! I thought your serial was 255 at first and got excited! Mines 253. I bought mine as a frame 10+ years ago and built it up using parts from a donor Stumpjumper. Only regret is that I didn’t have Mr. Teesdale weld me up a proper fork while he was still alive, ‘cause I thought it was too spendy. RIP, sir.

The HOT started me on Kona collecting. My first Kona was a Mokomoko I bought in 2003, then I added a sweet Kula but sold them all by the time I got the HOT. Have fun with it!

Attachments

• IMG_2237.jpeg
    IMG_2237.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6125.jpeg
    IMG_6125.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 20
Lovely frame and great colour. Re forks, have you thought about sourcing a '93 pair and matching stem? They come up fairly often.

So I need help with the two cantilever bot for the back brakes. I think I need 5mm x 40mm to get the booster mounted up, does this sound right? Also what can I use for a spacer?

So I need help with the two cantilever bot for the back brakes. I think I need 5mm x 40mm to get the booster mounted up, does this sound right? Also what can I use for a spacer?
I'd suggest M6 bolts and 50mm to be safe.
For spacers: Try looking for aluminium stand off spacers for M6 bolts. You'll need about 15mm to 20mm to clear the brake.

Back