1993 Kona Hot

So fork is triple butted with a 395 A-C measurement. Mine is currently grey in colour but that will change. Could use some help deciding on colour. Vote colour match frame, champagne or black. Also have a black velocity stem as well as champagne coloured one.

So fork is triple butted with a 395 A-C measurement. Mine is currently grey in colour but that will change. Could use some help deciding on colour. Vote colour match frame, champagne or black. Also have a black velocity stem as well as champagne coloured one.
I think all three options would look good

While still looking good colour matching the fork green would be my third choice, black fork/stem second with Champagne fork/stem my 1st choice.

In 93 is was a great color scheme which works with many frame colors IMHO.

I came across this great read of another Hot build which uses the Champagne fork/stem with a great black/red fade on the frame

I guess I'm a bit bias as well, I love the look of my 93' Kilauea which also uses a Champagne fork/stem

R1063039_SA.jpg

If you are going for the yellow and white decals on the fork then the grey stem with yellow and white decals is another option and might match. Right year too possibly? And yes, the early black stems are heavy old things.

Grey velocity stem.jpg

Just looking at the drop outs on the project two forks,have you checked on the steerer tube which look like a 95 fork to see if it's stamped up cm/tb if it's not on they may not be triple butted.
They caught my attention because on my 94 Firemountain the drop outs are different and they're triple butted.
Here's a couple of photos of the 94 bike for reference,one of the forks and one of the steerer tube with the stampings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208_100658.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_100658.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20240208_101052_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_101052_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20240120_104903.jpg
    IMG_20240120_104903.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240120_104952.jpg
    IMG_20240120_104952.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 10
If anyone is interested in a trade I have the threadless fork and RaceFace headset available for a threaded triple but fork champagne and black Impact headset.

So what is the colour exactly? Gold Champagne, colour code?

I think all three options would look good

While still looking good colour matching the fork green would be my third choice, black fork/stem second with Champagne fork/stem my 1st choice.

In 93 is was a great color scheme which works with many frame colors IMHO.

I came across this great read of another Hot build which uses the Champagne fork/stem with a great black/red fade on the frame

I guess I'm a bit bias as well, I love the look of my 93' Kilauea which also uses a Champagne fork/stem

View attachment 818799
Reading that a bit caught my eye, it's say the Hot has a 27.2mm seatube which may possibly mean the Hot has different tubing to a 93 Explosif which has a 27.0mm seatube what's the measurement on the Hot you have Husky?

Back