1995 Rocky mountain Altitude build thread. Updated July 10th.

Some considerations. I already bought XTR m900 brakes and controls, plus RD and FD.
I agree in the black stem. I must think about seatpost, I have doubts because the silver rear painting. But Black will also match for sure. I'll try both.
About Crankset. I will try to find a Turbne gold, but It will be hard....
Mag21 is almost sure, in gold also. And I think that my headset Shimano seems incomplete. It seems a threaded one without both threaded top pieces. I don't know If Shimano made a ahead XT headset for 95 XT edition....
s-l1600.jpg

M-part made an top bit that converted that to a threadless headset.

I'd. Have to go check it was them that made it
Something like a:daptor

Some considerations. I already bought XTR m900 brakes and controls, plus RD and FD.
I agree in the black stem. I must think about seatpost, I have doubts because the silver rear painting. But Black will also match for sure. I'll try both.
About Crankset. I will try to find a Turbne gold, but It will be hard....
Mag21 is almost sure, in gold also. And I think that my headset Shimano seems incomplete. It seems a threaded one without both threaded top pieces. I don't know If Shimano made a ahead XT headset for 95 XT edition....
s-l1600.jpg
Is your steerer threaded? If not you need an aheadset. Shimano didn´t make one then and still doesn´t as far as i know.

I have no fork yet. But i will use an ahead. I think its to the way to go in this bike. This headset came with the frame, but incomplete.

Race Face Real Seal in gold would look sweet
It's hard to find a Race face headset in gold, and the same for cranks. I'm thining avout going to full XTR for crankset.
Do you think that Ringle gold repros skewers will fit here ( in wheels only)?
And maybe a Judy/Mag21 in grey also?

Sure can't go wrong with full XTR, I like the Ringle gold repros skewers idea

Grey forks I think would suit also with the rear triangle color 👍

I'm following some Mag SL Ti, but they are expensive or unknow condition. I would like a Mag21 full alu like the one I had (pictured), but not luck at the moment. I delight all the gold on it.
The grey mag seems nice also. But chromed atanchions. Maybe I should baint the brake bridge to match the black stem.
somos_historia_rockshox_mag_21_3.jpg
1682098635336.png

The gold one is a 1994 MAG21,
the grey isn't grey but Nickelite (96+)which it the Judy XC colour.
There are grey grey versions.

There is also an all gold, aka brace as well) 1995 version.

Only the 1994 will have the gold Alu stanchions.

Back