1996 Gary Fisher Klunker

vintageman

BoTM Winner
Hi all and hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start.

Was fortunate enough the other day to be in the right place at the right time and scored this 96/97 GF repop klunker. It's bone stock down to the grips and tires. pretty decent shape and appears to have been hardly ridden.

I've got a few old prewar Schwinns including a '39 Admiral I built up a bunch of years ago as my take on a klunker and I've had a few of the skull skates 26 cruisers but these are not that common around the Vancouver area.

I'm assuming its made in China. welds are pretty good tho. would welcome any input as to how many were made over the two year production or any other info on them.

tks for looking.

Attachments

• 20181101_191431_resized.jpg
    20181101_191431_resized.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 709
I know right. I'm having a tough time (not really) accepting the stx but apparently these were around nine bills when they came out and the stx was to keep costs down.

Re:

Don't touch a thing! Just ride that Bad Boy around with a big FAT Grin! :mrgreen:

Awesome ride you got there.

vintageman":239czy1m said:
naw. this was a local find.
Just seen your photos on Facebook.

I’ll bet that this is indeed from the MOMBAT sell off. It’s too good and too much of a coincidence not to be that bike. Some additional provenance with it for you. Enjoy!

Back