I always liked the look of these BITD being an avid MBA reader. So many newer concepts used: monocoque aluminum frame, hydraulic disc brakes, upside down forks…

This thread was a great read, and the build a fantastic result 😍

As someone who has done a few builds over the years, I can appreciate the time and effort you've put into this bike - great thread, great job and great end result - nice one! 👍 :) :cool:
Thanks @wadsy! Fortunately for me, Mountain Cycle didn't produced that much models, so it was "easy" to concentrate myself on one bike. By contrast with your impressive Kona collection which requires plethora of attention 🤪.

I always liked the look of these BITD being an avid MBA reader. So many newer concepts used: monocoque aluminum frame, hydraulic disc brakes, upside down forks…

This thread was a great read, and the build a fantastic result 😍
Thanks @Canuckbiker! As you said. Even the kinematics of the rear suspension is working fine. The front is a little bit on the rough though.

Last edited:
:cool:Great thread and always good to see another San An on here. Possibly a candidate for the most pictures on a build thread too :)

One of the few bikes still on my whishlist, hopefully find one one day :)

:cool:Great thread and always good to see another San An on here. Possibly a candidate for the most pictures on a build thread too :)

One of the few bikes still on my whishlist, hopefully find one one day :)
Thanks @mk one! I like contemplating more than reading. Maybe others are the same, hence the load of pictures. What San Andreas are you after? Early specimen or more recent, like the San Andreas DHS [1] with modern components? By modern, I'm talking about 1997.

Thanks @mk one! I like contemplating more than reading. Maybe others are the same, hence the load of pictures. What San Andreas are you after? Early specimen or more recent, like the San Andreas DHS [1] with modern components? By modern, I'm talking about 1997.

Of course the early one that most of us drooled over in the ads back in the day would be the ideal, though newer versions didn't really lose any appeal with me.

Thanks @wadsy! Fortunately for me, Mountain Cycle didn't produced that much models, so it was "easy" to concentrate myself on one bike. By contrast with your impressive Kona collection which requires plethora of attention 🤪.

I now have two Konas in my cave; my original Lava Dome and a Kilauea from Pip's collection. All other bikes have been and gone!

Yellow Splatter Lava Dome
Pip-meister 2010 Kona carbon Kilauea

Although, we do also have his n hers Scott Sparks!

Cheers

Back