Building the bike nobody wanted. 1991 RidgeRunner.

I like Kogas, I like this frame and I like the way you're building the tension!

It does look like the crack (if crack it is) is being caused by the seat post bolt itself so your theory seems sound. And... Schrödinger's seat post 👏.

I will watch this one. Last sunday I encountered a '91 TerraRunner-Carbolite and a '92 TrailRunner. Being enjoyed on and off road.

I will watch this one. Last sunday I encountered a '91 TerraRunner-Carbolite and a '92 TrailRunner. Being enjoyed on and off road.
Bring some tools, and maybe disassemble some forks. 🤣
The fork is going to be a big problem, for now I'll try the marins for mock up but stuff that "needs" to go on there might be very expensive.

First little hurdle, I had a 31.9 M900 front derailleur lying about from a Zaskar frame I sold.
Not sure who invented this kind of system but I'm lost to why, maybe it has some physics properties that actually improve shifting but I highly doubt it.
Since the original piece was not on the bike I used one I got of a Concorde Kudu, it's plastic, hasn't got bearings so I might ditch it altogether but I need it for mock up. I tried to look for a similar part with bearings (bushings?) in metal but only came across one here from a post made in '13.

But this isn't going to work well, the way it's set up now. But it'll have to do until I can sort something else.
First two is from the interwebz and that's what the original looks like.
The third is mine.

Attachments

• derailleur wheel.jpg
    derailleur wheel.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 30
  • derailleur wheel 1.jpg
    derailleur wheel 1.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 30
  • derailleur wheel 2.jpg
    derailleur wheel 2.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 30
Another option instead of the pulley is a mech like this one:

Attachments

• afbeelding_2023-04-26_205758927.png
    afbeelding_2023-04-26_205758927.png
    77 KB · Views: 15
  • afbeelding_2023-04-26_210601029.png
    afbeelding_2023-04-26_210601029.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 13
I'm not sure if I can make out what you mean by the derailleur.
Also I'm pretty set on putting all M900 stuff on it, because I already own 90% of it.
Have been looking around for a better pulley and I'm fairly sure I can DIY something together that will work smooth.

Love the input though, need some on the fork.
Going to put in a Marin Rock Star tomorrow because that is what I have, it's nice and light but not sure if it is what I'd want on it for the long haul.
But at least it'll give me the option to make it ride able in the short term and see what works and what not.

Back