Cinelli Supercorsa, Let's Try Again Shall We

Not done much. The NOS Regina BX 14-28 arrived, eventually. The white cables and brown tape wasn't going to work well on the Cinelli so bought some black cables and black Eleganza tape.

Top of the list now is to get the bottom bracket chased, not only is there plenty of rubbish there are two spots where the threads are squidged. Very small spots but needs doing properly. Still find that pretty disappointing, either they have bad QC or just don't take the same care these days.

Thanks.

Just put the tape on, not the easiest one to do, or perhaps I'm just out of practice. Wasn't sure about the white thread so dyed it black. Also has the advantage of disguising any unevenness. Looks more like black leather tape now. Might swap the finishing strip out.

Put my badge on the front, just with 3M tape, not sure it adds anything so might not stay there.

Fingerprints and smudges everywhere but you get the idea.

Attachments

• tape.jpg
    tape.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 312
That looks reall nice and there is nothing wrong with it.

But to tell you the truth your frame is such an upscale item that you really should consider using real leather bar tape.

I had thought about it but that really means spending a silly amount on Cinelli tape, it's just a rip off. Really don't care that it smells nice! I have been keeping my eye out for some on special but not seen any in black, will look again.

Don't want Brooks, looks like it's still made in China. San Marco looks cheap and nasty. Gilles Berthoud looks OK.

Oh? Few months ago bought San Marco leather tape (white) for my girlfriends Fausto Coppi. And now you tell me it's going to look cheap and nasty... :cry:

Only going by the pics, might look lovely in real life! Cheapest I can find Cinelli for is just under £60.

I saw that, doesn't really look any nicer than the Eleganza though, but will see if there are any reviews.

Back