Claud Butler - Carpenter - Vintage Bike - Wheel Help

The wheels are odd in the bike the rear is for a clincher/wire bead tyre, the front is a tubular glue on tyre. Do you have other wheels? Edit just seen the matching wheel. In my opinion tubs are fast and comfy. They are a complete pain in the arse to repair punctures on though.

The wheels are odd in the bike the rear is for a clincher/wire bead tyre, the front is a tubular glue on tyre. Do you have other wheels?
So the pictures of the wheel on its own are a different wheel to the ones currently on the bike. I think there was at least one more wheel that my friend took with him when he was having a look so I will have a check with him and see if I can get him to take a photo of it too.

So the pictures of the wheel on its own are a different wheel to the ones currently on the bike. I think there was at least one more wheel that my friend took with him when he was having a look so I will have a check with him and see if I can get him to take a photo of it too.
I edited above mate, looks like you have a pair of sprint rims.

Measure both bikes, rear drop out spacing in millimeters do the same with the forks. This will give you the over lock nut dimension OLN. Modern bikes are rear 130mm or 135mm. Older could be anything from 110mm to 126mm. Modern forks 100mm old forks 90mm upwards.

Measure both bikes, rear drop out spacing in millimeters do the same with the forks. This will give you the over lock nut dimension OLN. Modern bikes are rear 130mm or 135mm. Older could be anything from 110mm to 126mm. Modern forks 100mm old forks 90mm upwards.
Thank you for the tip, I'll measure the Carpenter as I still have that one with me at mine. The one thing my mate mentioned is that the axle of newer wheels didn't seem to fit the dropout either. Do older bikes tend to use thinner Axle's? And if so is it possible to still get newer wheels with thinner axles if you know?

Thank you for the tip, I'll measure the Carpenter as I still have that one with me at mine. The one thing my mate mentioned is that the axle of newer wheels didn't seem to fit the dropout either. Do older bikes tend to use thinner Axle's? And if so is it possible to still get newer wheels with thinner axles if you know?
Yes imperial rather than M10 rear M9 front.

Back