Folders! Foldable bicycles; love or hate? do you own/use one? Minivelos and demontables added

I love a folder. Dad had Bromptons for years but then a few years back took the plunge to a brand called Kansi and never looked back. In fact I've had a few! Doesn't fold as small, but its quicker to fold, the 20" wheel makes it more comfortable, they're pretty quick and I've even taken a few of them on the trails.... Got some funny looks 😂

At one point I had quite a few!!

Attachments

• DSC_0207.jpg
    DSC_0207.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20221217_100158_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221217_100158_Instagram.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0905.jpg
    DSC_0905.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0709.jpg
    DSC_0709.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 24
I love a folder. Dad had Bromptons for years but then a few years back took the plunge to a brand called Kansi and never looked back. In fact I've had a few! Doesn't fold as small, but its quicker to fold, the 20" wheel makes it more comfortable, they're pretty quick and I've even taken a few of them on the trails.... Got some funny looks 😂

At one point I had quite a few!!
The Kansi frames look similar to a Dahon, is there a tie up between the two? 20" wheels on my wifes Dahon roll very well.

The Kansi frames look similar to a Dahon, is there a tie up between the two? 20" wheels on my wifes Dahon roll very well.
Incredibly similar. From what I read a few years back Kansi was started by a couple of ex riders, it got taken over by Fisher not long after and then they seem to have ceased. The folding mechanism is very similar so it wouldn't surprise me if they were made in the same factory!

What I liked was that they used mtb parts, so it was avid v brakes, sram x7/X9 mech etc. Shove on some chunkier bmx tyres and you're good to go

Back