Has anyone had an inner tube explode?

Tricky1977

Marin Fan
Feedback
View
As per the title….
I’d just fitted it with a new tyre, seemed to be seated well and after about 5 minutes it blew up with enough force to push the tyre off the rim!
Just unlucky or did I do something wrong? 7BF0A985-330A-40CF-B24D-FE4F3F391DFF.jpeg

Last edited:
have had it happen once and it was due to a slightly perished sidewall
when pumping it up but it happened right away, neighbour came over and said what's going on
:D

I had a batch of four inner tubes that all exploded with a fairly loud ' bang' (but not as badly as yours, just a small split). The first one went after about a year, the second one went about a week later. They were for 1 - 1.5 inch tyres and I was using 1.5 inch so they should have been ok. I concluded they were too light and replaced them with heavier ones from Halfords. I've had no trouble since.

Yes. A few times. It's a skinny rubber tube with pressure in it, doesn't take a very large defect to result in a nice pop. Fun ain't it. 🤣

I had a batch of four inner tubes that all exploded with a fairly loud ' bang' (but not as badly as yours, just a small split). The first one went after about a year, the second one went about a week later. They were for 1 - 1.5 inch tyres and I was using 1.5 inch so they should have been ok. I concluded they were too light and replaced them with heavier ones from Halfords. I've had no trouble since.
These are supposed to be good ones too, lifeline 1mm butyl

Back