Is Alexa spying on you?

Im very much im favour of sticking with late C20th tech....does what i need without the seemingly useless bells and whistles of new stuff.

Does my phone make "phone calls" novel idea i know, but if " yes" then its met its remit for me.

Another typical example is ive just bought a new car....well 2013......i looked at newer, but found them to be rammed full of utter rubbish i would never need and have no actual use for....all these features are just straining at the leash to go wrong i some horrendous, non diy fixable way; writing off a perfectly good older car, just because a screen goes down and becomes uneconomic to repair....new cars are green!🤣 don't make me laugh....green is a 25 year old astra, thats still got 10 years to go......not 10 year old car going in the scrap.

Do i need 1000 suspension settings? No...im sure the company who built it knows far more about the set up than me. Do i need lane detection, emergency braking, reverse cameras, heads up display, a driver wake up call, NO....im kinda looking what im doing and paying attention when i use a tool capable of killing multiple people at the same time! Oddly.....

If you want to improve road safety, fit a 6" spike to the steering wheel centre.....then see how careful people are....

Jees....i thought electric windows were nifty!
Ooh, this is my wheelhouse :) Sod the Astra, I'll stick with my '95 Xantia non-turbo diesel auto. Should qualify for Manchester's "clean air zone" (have you seen the clag out the back of the buses here???) as it's long since got ahead of the emissons it would have taken to build a new car & recycle it, even with it's mechanical injection and no "emissions devices"... 100% agree with the spike over airbag argument, so many safety features = people "driving" along 10+mph above the speed limit, watching Jerry Springer/wastebooking/texting/doing make up etc, "I'm alright, I've got 52 airbags and braking assist plus it'll never happen to me anyway that's just what you see on the news"

Don't get me started on active lane assist either, what if you were to swerve to avoid a child in the road for example and the lane assist "sees" you cross the line and drags you back towards the kid? Splat, oh sorry my car made me do it?

/grumpyoldtwat

Wow, the tin-hatters are out on this thread

200w.gif

If you don't use cash. They know where you go and what you buy and how often. Use the Internet and it gives them even more information about you. 🤷🏼

Latest posts

Back