• retrobikeguy

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • rwn1962

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • sinnerman

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sinnerman's reminds me of Bromley Bike Co. / Evolution Imports back in 1994! I went to a Design College in Chislehurst in Kent and our Student Halls was in Bromley. I remember wandering into Bromley Bike Co. to chat about where to go riding/MTB clubs and was blown away by the bikes and kit they had there. Dave Hemming was also working there at the time too. Certainly different vibe to shop I used to frequent up in the Rhondda Valley!

Love all the random garages/workshops/spaces. Would love to get mine properly sorted, but still not finished our house and every project I complete the garage gets filled with more random stuff left over after every job. I had a better set-up when I was 16! :) But then I never had so many bikes and had a lot more free time... Maybe one day and I can believe what sinnerman said it took over 10 years, especially if progress on the house is anything to go by!

Good fun, well done Sinners..

Re:

Cheers Fellas, as pictures go, I thought the Orange would take it, very cool image.

Cool idea, letting the winner pic the next theme.

I guess its probably difficult as most themes have been done before.

Be guided by you all, but I would love to see, "Inspiration", Images that have inspired you since joining retro bike, an image from your own build thread, someone else's build thread, a Bike, a component, a ride shot, a feature bike, or even an icon you have or wanted....? Simply something that has inspired you to stay here and participate in this Retro thing of ours.

And failing that, if this wouldn't be allowed, then ……."Fillet"....?

I like the inspirational idea, but surely it’s gotta be your own photo?

Peachy!":ed24w37l said:

Ill leave the Particulars to the powers that be, as mentioned, if no good, Fillet...?

sinnerman":2afcoctl said:
Peachy!":2afcoctl said:

Ill leave the Particulars to the powers that be, as mentioned, if no good, Fillet...?

???? :facepalm:

Attachments

• 52FB6C6C-A48C-41A1-A660-EB3838F419CF.jpeg
    52FB6C6C-A48C-41A1-A660-EB3838F419CF.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 616
Rather than just fillet, maybe it could be broadened to be "joint"? I await another image from Peachy! regarding "joint" :D

Just thought this opens it up to more people who might not have a fillet brazed frame.

Fillet vs. Lugged vs. welded? In amongst those, there's loads of variants between materials and technology and each will appeal to different eyes, just look at the difference between alu vs. steel/ti welding and with lugged you could have ornate vs. bonded such as Raleigh/Trek/Yeti etc.

Could also be bolted such as Fisher CR7/Mantis etc.

Latest posts

Back